Monday 14 January 2008

A singing career going down the drain

Yea, the title pretty describes how it went today at my music lesson. I was really confident, though on the singing part. I knew all the words (finally!) and it was all cool or SO I THOUGHT. I only worried about playing the violin, bcuz I chose song in the last minute and it was a song I haven't played in 2 years or so, (not smart!) but thought it would still be kinda OK. (practiced the whole yesterday XD)

So here we were, our class was chosen to sing first. I had to drag my violin all the way to school! (NO I dont like it!) Of course he calls us according to the class list so I'm one of the last ones. IT WAS DREADFUL. Here I walked back and forth singing and humming to myself, worrying to death about playing. Then it was my turn, I didn't feel very nervous.
First I showed my sheet music, OH no there was lyrics on it (whick I DIDN'T know was important) and my teacher was all like it's gonig to be hard, it'll be tricky for me to follow the words... I really felt the nervousness swelling in my whole body. (XD) So he started to play, too slow. A little bit faster,I said and he played faster, still a bit slow but whatever. XD I started to sing, I dont know WHAT or WHY but, it was maybe I got psyched by the piano or something, I started to sing really LOW and at the same time I tried to sing louder, bcuz the piano was really loud.
"---Ohh, it's what you do to me. What you do to me..." OH CRAP!! Here I forget the second verse, I PANICKED! I was totally out of it. He stopped and waited very kindly for me to get a grip. I can't remember the words, because of the PRESSURE! After a minute or so (felt like 2 days but) I remebered and we continued.

YOU can not believe how awful it was!! I've NEVER in my life sung that awful! I was like: FFFAAAILLLUURREEE for me!
Then he asked me if I was to play soemthing for him and I pulled out my violin and started to play, on VERY shaky hands! Some minor slips but I think it was rather OK. Then he asked me to play some chords on the guitar. It went ok, still on VEEERY shaky hands.
Okej the end, then he said yea it all went very well (he's lying!) and if I continue as I'm doing now I'll get the best grade. Then I rushed out the classroom and wanted to sink down somewhere of shame. It COULD NOT get worse than this. I swear I'm not that bad of a singer, I swear! (I'm not being self-righteous) I'm not a very good singer but still I can sing, like not tone deaf! X'(

Okej, this day could ahve been worse if I hadn't got the best scores on my french test-thingy. Which I ACTUALLY didn't think I'll get, I SWEAR! And my after-school acting class went really too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU! nervous?...don't think sooo haha..u're never nervous..and if u are NO ONE notice haha..''French-genious'' haha straigh A-student (A)

Anonymous said...

sshh, you're still going to get the best grade, hoho :D