Sunday 27 January 2008

Horros of Fans

Okej, I figured out that I haven't been blogging real seriously lately. XD So here goes a shot.
The discovery of fan fiction and fan art can be a very interessting at first. You get to read or see different aspects of a object of affection. (what? I mean something you like XD) It's something new, right, it's another direction from the original, okej let's say a book or movie.
Personally, when I like something really much(whatever you can be a fan of) I love to talk to other fans and share thoughts or just talk about it. So fan fiction and fan art was something really positive for me. Like OH more fans.
For you guys who don't know, I was a SUCKER for Harry Potter for the last 8 years or something. I absolutely adored everything that had to do with Harry Potter, I swear. So how old was I ?, around 10 years old and that automatically makes you a little bit more obsessive than an older person.
I can't recall reading a specific Harry Potter fan fiction, no I'm lying yes I do. XD Those glory days on hogwarts.nu (Elin knows what I mean). And I remember thinking it was the most wonderful thing, because it's like spin-off on the books, things that you'd LOVE to happen but never really did.
This was all because I was blessed and had the chance to read some of the good ones. XD

Here's the thing I wanted to talk about in the first place.
I CAN NOT believe that I actually read fan fiction in my younger days. Nowadays I just have this very negative approach of fan fics and fan arts in general. Without really thinking after why it is that way, I just UUHHH not fan fiction or UUHH nooo fan arts! I've thought about it today, after a smaller conversation with a friend.
Because among all these wonderful spin-off stories and well-drawn pictures there are these poisonous , dream-crushing, disgusting stories and pictures. I'm talking about oh-so-often these shonen ai and yuri pictures, I mean boy like boy, girl like girl. Don't get me wrong I have NOTHING against gays whatsoever. BUT when you write that a character you love so much to have these feelings for another character or whatever sick things these people make up, it's just WRONG! Get it? It's wrong. I'm saying HARRY AND DRACO is NOT a cute couple, and I know I'm not just speaking for myself here!

I know exactly what kind of people who expose such things for us innocent fans, and I get so mad! THESE really shake up your world a little, I'm serious. There are those INSANLY well-drawn and realistic pictures of these kind of things, and that's just sick!
Here we are, we normal fans, happy and high-spirited to look for nice stuff to see or read and then something like THIS comes up! You feel so.......hollow and disgusted.
There are also other things that gives me negative vibes from these things, so often you also find SICK pictures or whatever, come on a pregnant Snape?! What THE HELL? Or just wrong characters making out with each other, well you get the picture.
I guess I care and get so mad because this is something I really love, something that makes me happy reading, watching or whatever.

So this is why everything with fan fiction and fan art sickens me. I want to make a shout out to all the people out there who enjoys this, YOU RUIN MINDS! You are destroying dreams and lives out here. (ok a bit too serious, maybe)
Goodnight and Goodbye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hogwarts.nu... brings back memories. I think I'll go watch the memoriam video on youtube now :P

And btw, you have just had bad luck lately! I still love fan fiction and fan art. You just have to ignore to yaoi and yuri stuff. Like we do with manga ;)

Anonymous said...

jag har läst harry potter hela helgen! läste färdigt 7an på svenska.