Monday 30 June 2008

Jonas and Me; episode I, Copenhagen

26 June 2008

Part 1: Getting in line
I woke up at 8 o'clock and not feeling a bit tired. 11.30, my parents, my sister and I started the "journey" to my first JB concert. We took the bus then to take the train over to Copenhagen. We arrived at Copenhagen KB Hall a bit after 1300, and there were already much people in line (okej maybe 30-40 people). I was so glad we didn't come one minute later, because we just got the space under the roof thing, in case it would rain. There was a huge truck (Stage truck) and they were getting JB stuff out of it.

I think this was the first thing that made actually realize that I was going to see Jonas Brothers, I can honestly say that I never actually thougth I would do it. I know I have all the tickets, the day actually coming but never for real I thought it would happen. Honestly when I wrote that I was pshyced the other day, I lied it was something I WANTED me to I was not because I knew like that it wouldn't happen. Sry guys, I've never lied on the blog before that (I swear) and will never do it again. XD

When I saw the logo I freaked, I got this tingling feeling all over me, hands shaking and wanted to scream. On the photo (second) you can see Kevins guitars, for example. Then we saw the stage crew taking out more things and taking them in, one thing was one of Joe's tamburins. There was this one really sleezy member of the stage crew who took out Joe's tamburin and let the JB troup (a bunch of JB fan girls standing first in line) touch it, and they screamed of course. Then he took out a scarf, looked like Kevins though we never saw him wear it and the JB troupe screamed some more. Totally sleezy guy, taking such advantage of the situation, it disgusted me! Anyway, then we wait, just about 6 hours until opening of the doors. I thought it would be dead boring but the hours just went past like...THAT.

Part 2: Meeting of the band
So here it goes, the meeting with GREG GARBO. (Gregory Garbowski XD)
The KB hall lies int he middle of some sport centre kinda like, football fields and tennis fields all over the place. So luckily we could use the tennis club's toilet but the club would close at 1600, so we tought we'd go one last time just before 1600. We took turns off course, first I went by myself, and I saw another truck with JB's wardrobe. Then it was my sister and my friend, the older sister, (hoho, didn't tell you I think, I went with two other friends, they're sisters too). Then it was the younger sister and we thought it'd be better if someone went with her, I didn't really wanted to go with her bcuz I just sat down, but anywho I did.
We walked and just as we went around the corner I see this guy with long blond hair get out of a silver car. OH MY JONAS, it's Jack (the drummer of the Jonas Brothers' band)! I fumbled to get my camera and took this picture, I'm not a fan of paparazzi's so I don't really like this photo but it's evidence! And as you see Greg is about to get out and we came closer. All I could think of was that I couldn't just pretend that I didn't recognize them and just go pass them. So just out of nowhere when we was about to pass Greg I just spoke to him.
(I don't know if the conversation is entirely correct because I intend to forget when it comes to these things. I've asked Manda too and this is a rough recap, might not be in chronological order)
Thursday 26/6-08 approx. 15.40 AM
Tiff: Omg, you are Greg right? And that's Jack and Ryan? *points behind Greg*
Greg: Hi, yeah.
Tiff: So you guys just arrived?
Greg: Yeah
Tiff: Because we saw a couple of buses before and thought you guys were in them *a little laughter*
Greg: No, actually we just arrived
Tiff: I read your blog all the time it's really funny.
Manda (my friend): Can I take a picture *takes up her cellphone, ready to take a picture*
Greg: Do you want to be in it?
Tiff: Yeah I can take *puch her beside Greg and takes photo with my camera* Can you take for me? *mostly to Manda*
*she takes my camera and she takes of me and Greg (felt like 2000 years before she took the picture)
Tiff: Thanks
Greg: Gotta go but nice to see you
Tiff: See you later!
Greg: Okej, see you tonight. Nice to meet you
Tiff&Manda: Bye

Then we walk away, all tingly and crazy. I JUST HAD A CONVERSATION with GREG GARBO how crazy is that?! We totally freaked out and I tried to calm ourselves down, I was likr we can not let the JB troupe know of this! In the toilet I just couldn't help letting out a scream, I was dead excited. I MET THE BAND! When we walked back we saw Jack going in the stage entry, showing off his necklace/backstage pass (?! like VIP pass XD) And then we saw Greg walking by the parked buses between the tennis fields, I was like Oh no, I don't want him to see us again like some freaky stalkers. XD We stopped and saw him talk with someone on the bus and then stepped into it, then we saw Ryan and Manda said Hello to him.
We were all acting freakishly when we came back to my sister and other friend, they were like "What have happend?!". I deperately tried to act normal as we passed the JB troupe but when we came back to our space we dropped the bomb. In a very hushed tone so that the JB fans behind us couldn't hear (they were Danish but still!), they didn't believe us so we had to show them the evidence. CRAZINESS!

Part 3: Camera or no camera
After that it was pretty much just wait until 19.00 when they opened the doors. As you maybe can see it it not aloud to bring cameras, taping devices, fire works and blablalbbla. I would have been dead scared if I hadn't asked my friend if she had a camera while going to a concert in the KB Hall. She said it was okej but when I saw all these signs on the doors (We will check these things in the entries) while waiting in line I started to get a bit nervous, but I was like there's like 500 people here they can'tWhen the opening time came closer the guards started to gather round the doors inside and I see them all with a small electronic device in their hands and immediately I thought it was a metal detector. Devastated as I was I tried to come up with a plan, maybe I shoudl just throw everything in the wardrobe or just take it as it came. They opened the doors and they checked all our bags and purses. The woman that checked me threw away my water bottle and she tried to say something to me in Danish and I just couldn't understand and she thought I'd drink the water so she got it for me, I was like what?! Then she said I couldn't take it with me and she threw it again and continued to look in my bag and I thought she said something about my camera so I asked the directions to the wardrobe. Then she just let me go and I thought she wouldn't know if I just sneaked into the sceneroom and I did.
I was really happy and almost surprised to see that I could take place almost in the front, there were only 2 persons in front of me and the fence. Then my sister and friends came in too and they said the guards didn't check them very carefully either and I realized that cameras was all okej. I WAS STOKED! XD
When I saw the JB logo on the drums the tingling-exciting feeling swept over me again, like OMJ this is really happening. We tried to start a "JO-NAS, JO-NAS" five minutes before 20.00 but it died out pretty fast when not even the other JB fans wanted to scream with us. But they screamed when those fat guys came out and tuned the instruments though, I was like come on! XD

Part 4: These eyes lays on the real Jonases
When the band came on stage, I tried to scream their names as they came out but they came out all at once kinda like so I just screamed GREG in the end, probably they didn't hear me. When Kevin, Nick and Joe came out I just went blank. BLANK. I wasn't tingly, I wasn't excited, I wasn't freaky or anything I was just blank!!

I know it's crazy but I'm not gonna lie about the whole thing. I don't know what I felt I think most of it felt so unreal. I think the idea of never actually seeing them was so strong it was still unreal when I actually saw them. There wasn't any steps to take to get used to the idea that they were actually there, in the same country, the same city, the same room, breathing the same air! XD Or maybe it was just me refusing to take them.
Maybe you can't understand it because it is pretty mad. I've been sitting at home crying while watching WYLMIE music video (NO JOKE), crying when I got a JB scrapbook from my friend, spontaneously screaming seeing SOS (s,s,s,s XD) on MTV and just screaming for random JB things but when it came to the real deal I was just...... nothing. I swear I was afraid to faint or drown in my tears when I allowed myself to think that I was going to see them, but I did neither. It kinda creeped me out, how come I felt this way? What kind of fan am I? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
I don't think you can possibly know how much I like the Jonas Brothers. These two years I've been listening to Jonas Brothers getting more and more obsessed but always I've felt this apartness even when their music stream IN my ear through my earphones, it's like a wall or something. Maybe because they're from the US or that they have millions of fans in the US, there were a great distance. During these years I've yearned to feel closer, doing everything to make me feel like a hardcore real fan and in the end I felt like that. Only in my wildest dreams I would meet the Jonas Brothers and I don't know why I have this idea of never meeting them. It's pretty emo and self-destructive, I wasn't even aware of it. It's something mental, something so imprinted in my mind.

When I saw the boys with my own eyes and they were so close, something went wrong and I got left with feeling nothing. I had to make myself scream and my hands wasn't even shaky or anything. All I thought of during their performance was singing as loud as I could and give them all the support they deserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garbo is the Man! XD

Tiffany said...

HAHa I know right! :D