Monday 23 June 2008

What Ever Major Loser


Yes folks I saw Camp Rock today, so no more Camp rock talk...after today XD I think Disneychannel movies are developing, getting more and more like real movies. (but they still have a LOONG way to go) XD The thing is Disneychannel movies , such as High school musical and Camp Rock, have wonderful morals and often the main plot is really sweet but they still doesn't quite make it. The thing that makes me such a sucker for these movies is the music, the music is quite fantastic. (guilty pleasure ffs! XD)
I think if I was younger like 13 or something I would totally be in love with these, because these movies are incredibly shallow, the whole story and the personalities nothing is really profond. I'm not really expecting it since it a movie for younger children but I do have to tell you the reason why I don't like the movies. But i don't get either why they just doesn't make the characters more relevant and constant. (Example no.1: Mitchie(CR) is this dead shy girl, still she have the guts to tell sahne off like some mad mother? Example no.2 Ryan (HSM) is this dumb and pretty mean sidekick of Sharpay's, then suddenly he get's this self confidence boost and betrays her at the same time wants to play it cool with loads of supressed anger?

Okej back to Camp Rock, I like the idea of Mitchie being this kinda outcast and lies to fit in, it's original yet usual and funny. The relation between her and Shane is however r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. It feels liek they've tried to make Mitchie as two persons (kinda like Troy or Gabriella) or perhaps three. Once she's this happy, music loving young girl, then she's this insecure girl who lies and then she's also this witty, smart and bitchy person. (People can be alot I know, but this doesn't make sense) HOWEVER I get her better than Shane Gray, omg this person is so confused! I get the "bad-boy" image, egoistic and grumpy, then really at the same time he is this really charming, kind and caring person. It would have worked if the bad-boy image only was this pretend, like the facade for the people, it is not (!) he was sent to Camp Rock to change the image of a bad-boy, so everything doesn't make sense. XD But I do have to confess that Joe's bad-boy act was the greatest in the movie. It's so awesome for a change to see someone not being mean but someone so egoistic and bad, especially in a DChannel movie!
I think the occaissions for music "jamming" was a bit prudish (?) and too short.

Conclusion: All in all it is not a half bad movie, it's a lighter entertainment movie for the whole family. The music is absolutely awesome (better than HSM!), but in the end is much funnier if you are a Jonas Brothers fan. XD
3 days until JB concert Copenhagen, Denmark (O M J!)

"It's rollercoaster ride we're on!" The Canon at Liseberg amusement park

0 comments: