Thursday 19 June 2008

Big brother sees you!



"Start, start the party!"

For celebrating the release of Camp Rock in one day. Still a bit mad that I can't see it neither on Friday nor Saturday. First of all Friday is the release in the US so with the timechange sometime in the middle of the night in Sweden, then someone have to upload it XD (omg FRA will see me, tell you later ;)) so the fastest should be saturday morning, OPS I'm not home. And my Camp Rock friends (XD) are not home until sunday, so for me it seems like it's going to be Monday afternoon for me. (pls pls pls pls pls)

So about the FRA law, I'm afraid that I will not make it quite justice in this.
Okej Sweden have today (today?) introduced a new law about surveillance of the tele-communication or whatever it's called. That means, the government (or you-know-the-experts) have the right to listen and look up everything you do on the internet, on the telephone, cellphone, everything like that. (I'm pretty sure there are more I just don't know it XD) So it's "big brother sees you" all over it and there were many protests from the population but it was a parliamental desicion and they voted yes. They will have this big search engine thing and if they run something like terrorist or drugs everything that have been said or written will reveal and they will search for the real crooks. XD
First of all I dont think Sweden of all the countries is in need of such equipment, I mean when did we get a terrorist threat most recently? XD Well it's good to restrain the criminality (....) but do we really need all this? Are we really going to be a US? The surveillance around the world is really getting crazier and crazier now, I read that a boy got stopped in the airport for having with him a 3 cm long toy gun, nope they thought he could shoot with the gun so the parents had to send it home in an envelope.

[CRAP, I had written a pretty long text here but blogspot somehow stop working and the text didn't save so I'llt ry to remember what I wrote XD]

Well in a conclusion, I'm not too concerned about the matter and I don't think any of you should, if you don't happen to be a drugdealer or terrorist. Most of my friends or people in my age are afraid of them looking up file-sharing and sharers. There will be loads of police and inspectors and all that to make sure these people won't neglect their power, because really if this mega system gets in the hand of the wrong people, we would be like doomed. XD
I don't think they will risk to get caught just to look up some downloaders. I think it's pretty chill for now..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that new law. It's crazy! But you know, the current government is on the right wing (so to speak) and the US is on the right wing... I guess they're just taking after the US. Still there are threats against Sweden itself. Not real for real threats, but rumoured threats ;P Anyhow, that's just crazy. You can't control the internet no matter how much they try.

Tiffany said...

But you actually think those lousy "threats" are big big enough to install this FRA thing? XD I know we are very close to Denmark and they have gotten a few but still this is a different country XD
They are not exactly trying to control the internet, bcuz that's jsut stupid. They are more into controlling terrorists and criminals being revealed on the internet. Do they ever think they will succeed? XD It's kinda silly.