Thursday 28 August 2008

The Prince, the magazine and the review

Have you ever seen such beautiful magazine? XD (swe translated: Har du någonsin skådat en sån här vacker tidning?)

I bought this beautiful mag. today. I've been riding the bike to the trainstation twice hoping that they would have the magazine, but they didn't. It was even one time I took the bike to the trainstation JUST to buy the magazine (it was the depressing day when I decided to go on the JB strike). I asked them twice, the first time the old woman said: We get foreign magazines on wednesday, come back then. I came back on that Wednesday, were was the mags.? I asked again, another woman directed me to ask some man who would know better. He said: we usually get Rolling Stone on fridays. I was too depressed to go back that friday so I went there today (since I almost didnt have school anyway) And there it was, I rush of happiness just filled me and I couldn't wait t get home to read it.

-end of Tiffany's not intressting story about her and her persuit of Rolling stone Love-

If you have the guts, why not keep reading about Narnia; Prince Caspian? ;) Contains delicious spoilers XD
Yupp, I saw it the second time yesterday and it was as good as ever (if not better), too bad I knew what was going to happen though XD Like..herk..the..herk..kissing scene. The first time it was really unexpected I never would have thought in my wildest dreams, I swear. That was also why it was so funny. Okej let's start from the beginning.

I really didn't like the first impression of this movie,I get that Andrew (the director) wanted to as dramatic as Blitz and all that but Narnia is after all a childrens movie. Well it should be, but I guess it targets a older group of people, which is great because now I can be less ashamed of liking the movies so much XD I also soon became very anxious to see what happend to the Pevensie's but the change from Narnia to the real world was really good.
The first scenes with the Pevensie's are absolutely my favourites in the whole movie, hahah Phyllis is there an uglier name than that? XD I like the fact that the you don't see who it is fighting int he beginning because you think it's Edmund (think the first movie) but you get surprised when it's Peter. (I said delicious spoilers!) MAAAAAAN, Skandar is hot in that cap geeesh! (Ok, that's not a part of the review....forget that) XD

Differnt from the first movie is that the journey to the "big battle" is not as interessting this time, to be honest the Pevensie's part is kinda bring if your not a hormone filled girl who screams "ED!" everytime Skandar comes on screen. (No names mantioned....)
I LOVE when Capsian and the Pevensie's finally meet, even the first tension beween you-know-who with the good hair and you-know-who in make-up (Var hittar man kajal i Narnia?! XD)
The rest from there was awesome, I especially liked the bit when the dwarf tricked Caspian to revive the White witch. It is that little twist that make the movie real and good. (Like Edmund being "evil" in the first movie) And then who saves the day?!?! (say it!) Edmund!!! :D

In the end I thought it was a really good movie, with balance between great comedy, awesome romance (made me laugh more than the jokes) and action. I guess there are more action than fantasy story in this but it was very well done, it could been so bad and end up like some lord or the rings slaughter movie. XD (well maybe not..)
The two movies are very different, the first one has very much heart and story and this one had action and hormones. XD As a movie I think the first movie is better, I think I like the sequel so much because I've gotten so attached to the characters and Caspian also being great. :D

Can't wait for "The voyage of the dawn treader", it'll be very different without Susan and Peter though :(. YEAY for Edmund! :D


6 comments:

Caroline said...

höhö, ingen som jag känner gillar narnia. xD

Anonymous said...

Ehm, Jag har nu kommenterat inläggen på tio sidor från din helg i Stockholm.

Det kanske löser ut lite av dina mindgaps.

Kajsa said...

Jag tyckte också att den första är bättre, men jag håller med om att förhållandet Caspian-Pevensies var bra. Jag gillade den. Jag tycker samtidigt att för att vara en hormon-film (för att använda ditt ord) så känns det otillräckligt, men det kan inte vara mer eftersom det är en barnbok egentligen. Men, helt klart godkänd och jag skulle inte ha något emot att se den igen - när den kommer på film dvs.

Tiffany said...

re Carro: Aww!! :( De som e såå bra! :D

re KAttis: TAAACCK! :D Jag svarar på din kommentarer på det inlägget.

re Kajsa: AHhah nej jag menar inte riktigt att det var en hormon film, utan att den hade mer än den första filmen. XD

Unknown said...

the movie sounds interesting.. I'm not gonna watch it in cinema though...I'm not a big Narnia Fan =p
Ah and the cover of the Rolling Stones Magazine looks good =)

Tiffany said...

re MEl: hahah I kinda spoiled the whole movie for you now XD