Saturday 9 August 2008

Under a rainy cloud in London[edited]

Long time no see! I'm back with a wonderful accent and all. No jk. Really London have been crazy and absolutely wonderful.
I actually sat on the bus and wrote down a sorta "template" for my entries about London. It was bored and there were a few bumps here and there, and really I have to really focus to read what I've written. XD So I'm just gonna start from scratch. XD


It was me and a friend that decided we'd go to London this summer. I found this bus company (travelled wth them before) adn they had a 6-day trip to London and I thought it was relly nice. (You know it's more environment friendly XD)
Off we go, exited and happy. The first day, Saturday, started early, 7 o'clock the departure was 8.10. There were alot of old people on the bus of course, but there were some families and youngsters (XD like ourselves).
The trip to our frist stop in Germany was alright, we'd eaten at home and had some food with us, so that was fine. We arrived around 9 o'clock and it was time for dinner. The hotel was really off, middle of nowhere but it was really nice. We ate and then went to bed, basically, I mean there's no use in watching German TV everything is dubbed and you there's nothing you understand. XD


The next day involved more bus (really?XD) and going through the Eurotunnel. When we came over to the British island we stopped at Ashford to eat lunch. The diner was in this American western style, it was really cool. They had these american car licences throughout the whole diner, though that was cool. (picture 2, GO NEW JERSEY ;)) We had fish and chips and I have to admit that, I never felt this full again on the rest of the trip.
we then continued and around 4 o'clock we were driving down the streets of London. :D We hoped we'd arrive early to get in some shopping before they closed and we did! I went into HMV for like 10 minutes then came out £40 pounds poorer just like that. XD I realized later that if I continued this way I'd run out of money (which I eventually did).
We also went to Leicester Square to catch a movie, what we didn't now that it costs a fortune to watch a movie here but we decided to watch anyway. I really wanted to see a movie on Odeon on Leicester Square, how cool wouldit be to watch where all London preimeres are? XD We wanted to see "The Forbidden Kingdom" but unfortunately it only showed on a smaller screen at some kind of annex to the Odeon. I've never been tot he cinemas in England and thoguht it was really cool, the movie sucked but the experience was cool. XD

The following day, Monday, we planned to shop. After breakfast (crunchy nut YUM! XD) we started the very long day on Oxford street. I've never been the part of Oxfordstreet beyond the crossroad at Regent Street, so that was interesting for me. We went to Primark, which was insane XD and I finally foudn my favourite clothingstore in England, New Look. WIE! Here (picture 3) we are at Debenhams on Oxfordstreet where I found the bag of my dreams but didn't buy.....
The day went on with more rain and some shopping. After a quick rest in the Hotel we decided to walk down to Picadilly circus (picture 1), it had just started to get dark so it was really beautiful. My feet hurt so bad in the end of the day!
We watched the news (BBC news was like the only channel we had in our hotelroom) and they said it'd be rain on Tuesday, which was our planned day to go sightseeing. We thought it wouldn't be as fun if it rained that day so we switched the last day for sightseeing instead of shopping.

So Tuesday we had another day of shopping by this time a had a really bad ache in my legs and feet, but I continued on bravely. We went first to Primark to turn back some clothes that didn't fit (the line to the fitting room the previous day was insane! So I just guessed and bought XD). We came around opening time so there were not so many people and it felt so peaceful and calm, comparing to the caotic previous day. XD I could relax and really look for clothes, I ended up buying a pair of shoes and a top.
We went down some streets that supposed to be shopping streets but got ripped off and just went back, like New Bond Street and Baker street. XD So we decided to go to Hyde Park and see the Peter Pan statue.

The cross to the left is the Peter Pan statue and the other cross is our Hotel. The red line is supposed to be the way we walked but in reality we walked much more because we took some detours XD We calculated it and it's about 17 kilometres...... in the rain XD But it was kinda worth it, Peter Pan is one of my favourite stories ever. :D
We walked back to Oxfordstreet and crashed down at the very first place we saw had food. XD It was KFC, we were all hungry so we acted all silly. After a rest in the hotel we walked down to Trafalgar Square.
After that we took a detour back to the hotel and somehow ended up in Covent Garden. (picture 6) The market was closed by now so we decided if we had time tomorrow we'd come here again. The killing-our-legs-and-feet-day was nto over yet NO, we walked up Tottenham courtroad to see of there was some interesting shopping places. We got ripped off again, then we went into Tesco and bought soem food.[edited]
We came eventually home and was dead tired, NO WONDER we'd walked several miles just in one day. (I actually didn't realized that myself, until reviewing it now)

I'm just gonna stop here and post the last day (the sightseeing day) in London on the next entry. See Ya :D

7 comments:

Caroline said...

í HK-serie såg jag en bil med registreringsnummer "JB" och sen siffror. xD

Caroline said...

woah 17 km!

Anonymous said...

10 minuter i HMV?! Hur kan man vara så kort tid i en HMV affär!

Tyskland är mys,även fast det är dubbat på TV!

Tiffany och New Look = <3 HAHA!

Barker Street är mys för mig. Jag var där första gången jag var i London 1999! Då bodde vi där. Jag får verkligen flashbacks. HAHA! Men inte dirketr shopping. Finns en ett shoppingcenter i ena änden. Och Tesco-metro. Och MK One!

Elin said...

Det låter som du hade kul :)

Skulle va kul att åka nånstans med en kompis faktiskt

Tiffany said...

re Carro:Tog du bild på bilen?!! :D

re Kattis: HMV höll på att stänga, för mig kändes det som om jag bara va där 10 minuter, för min kompis var det nog 30 minuter XD
Tyskland ja, men du fattar ju tyska XD
Tesco var vår rescue i London, allvarligt! TESCO <3

re Elin: JO det var jätte kul faktikst! :D

Caroline said...

nej, var ju i en HK-serie xD kommer inte ihåg vilket avsnitt det var. xD

Anonymous said...

LONDON <3
haha var det verkligen 17km ? XD