Monday 30 March 2009

To prom or not to prom

So what's up? I'm really glad you guys like my new layout so much :), so what's up is that I'm still sick but it's alright I went to school today. Anyway there's something I'd like to take up, a dilemma. Something to do with this.....


I'll tell you a secret if you don't freak out. XD (You probably will but anyway) I haven't been to a prom before. We had a prom when graduating 9th grade but I never went. Nope, I didn't. I guess it was easier for me to say no back then when I just had to do things differently from others (alternativ). I wouldn't do anything that "the rest" would do, another reason I used was that I would go to the one in high school (everyone knew there is one in high school), so I was like I'll wait. I saw everyone getting all hyped for finding a dress or not finding a dress, it was quite amusing actually. And I was basically the only one that didn't come to school the day after with curled hair and old make-up. I got to see some pictures from a couple of friends that went and I was like ok, this was prom. (mostly I watched what people were wearing) Even though my friends said it was fun (or quite fun) I never felt like darn I missed out big time or regretted anything.

So after 3 years it's prom again. (times do fly.....) And now again I just have this feeling that I don't want to go. I've actually been thinking the thing over and I'm like, I admit I'm unsociable when it comes to this kinds of ocassions and I don't want to be remembered like "Omg do you remember Tiffany? The unsocial girl who never went to prom". Really I don't want to be that person.

You might think I'm weird for not wanting to go although I haven't gone to one before. Why is that? Why don't I want to go?
I don't know actually. I guess I've never been that big-social-minlge-dancing-dressing-up kind of type. I like going to the movie. That's safe (XD). I don't know, maybe I'm afraid of people or something. I don't like the whole event thing, being really dressed up, eat (well I don't mind that part..) and dance. I know all of you who have gone to proms and stuff say it's a great time to like hang with friends and make new friends. But why do you need to dress up and dance to make new friends? XD
But to come to the point, to look deep down I think I don't want to go because first; I've got no one to go with (I never understood: going with friends and besides like non of my friends are coming), secondly getting a dress; I still don't like the idea that we have to look and dress in a certain way and probably I will never find a dress I'd like and look good in (because I won't go if I'm not wearing the perfect dress) and thirdly......to be frank I don't think I'll enjoy prom. It's not my thing. I could of course also include the cost but that is actually not a obstacle it's just an excuse I use.

Why should I go? Well, I don't get why some people are like "OMG PROM!!" but still prom is prom and will I'll be like only one person that never went to prom. That'll be like so weird. I'm weird but I wouldn't want people to think I am because of the prom thing.

So here I am all exposed for all of you. What should I do? I don't have much time to think about it anymore.

This foggy morning. Taken with my new cellphone, chchc :P

9 comments:

jessica said...

jag tycker du ska gå, tänk det är ju en "once in a lifetime" grej :-)Men du gör ju självklart som du vill, men tänk igenom det noga! För tänk om du ångrar det senare! haha :) men som sagt, gör det som känns bäst för dig!

Elin said...

Gör som du vill är det mest usla rådet i världen. Jag är inte så hypad för det här heller, okej jag har en avslutning coming up och jag ska sluta skolan. Grejt, jag har redan haft två avslutningar förut och det var väl okej. Gick på balen i nian men fixade ingen klänning då men det var okej ändå hade ingen dress code då. Det här känns för överdrivet hypat. Jag vill inte gå och anledningar har jag tjatat i flera veckor så det behöver jag inte dra. Balen är mest för minnen tror jag. Och jag vet att eftersom jag inte kommer gå så kommer jag få höra om hur kul det va på balen tills mina öron faller av eller jag börjar skrika. Men eftersom du inte var på balen i nian så säger jag att du ska gå. Du kanske kommer ångra dig, men du har iaf varit på en bal!

Tiffany said...

re Jessica: Argh, ja verkligen. ÅÅhh! XD Jag vet inte.

re Elin: Nej, det där med då har du iaf. vatt på en bal, det gillade inte jag. URK!

melanie said...

well we have this prom thing every year here... I went both times, but you know, it's not a big deal. It's not like what you see in the movies in the US, it really isn't like that. It's pretty lame, actually. Well I don't know about sweden, but here it is just a night out where you'll meet all the kids from your school dancing and getting drunk. Most of them are dressed in super boring black dresses, others are wearing those awful typical prom dresses... I don't like dancing nor drinking... I just went because I wanted to wear something I never get to wear in school or in the city :p But this year, I don't think I'm going, cause It really isn't that spectacular.

Mekz said...

Det blir vad man gör det till Tiffany ;)

Tiffany said...

re Mel: ah okej. Usually you have a prom once in 9th grade one in graduation of high school. Since I didn't go the the first one..it would be weird if I didn't go to this one. Yeah I'm exactly like that I dont like drinking the less dancing! :P But it would be fun though to see what everyone's wearing and take photos and stuff. :) But then I need to find a fabulous dress and that'll be difficult..XD

jessica said...

tack :) Jo det är en systemkamera :)

Caroline said...

Hur går det? Kommit fram till om du ska gå eller inte än?

Tiffany said...

re MEks: Jo det e de. :P

re Carro: Jupp, ska faktiskt gå XD über lol