Tuesday 18 November 2008

SUPERcalifragilisticexpialidocious

HAYA! The days are getting less and less here in Edinburgh, now it's exactly one week left.

Me and the girls went to the theatre yesterday evening. We saw Mary Poppins, the musical. It's not like it's something I always wanted to se but this musical totally blew me away. First off we got a reduced price because we were "students" (even though I hadn't my studentcard, quick look at my ID sure made it :P) and got good seats.
I didn't know what to expect really, I've seen the movie though (long time ago). I fell in love in the very first second seeing the absolutely stunning set and the two children who played Jane and Michael Banks were simply adorable (quite talented for that matter). The boy, who plays Michael, couldn't be more than 9 years old and had this amazing (British) voice and acting skills. It just really hit me that this is how Nick started out, on broadway, on the scene. :)

Maybe I haven't been to much musicals but the set of this play was incredible! The house, the bank, the street that came forward and all the sliding furnitures- AHmazing!
There were not one dull second of the show, eitehr I was blown away by the colourful and great costumes, the stunning singing and dance performances or the childrens' acting.

It's so much more alive when it's musical (than movie) and it feels almost for real. There were also thiings in the play I really liked that is not in the movie. Like "Mary+Bert=true" part of the story and when Nanny Andrew's comes. You just get carried away watching it and I'm not ashamed to say I burst into tears more than once. I couldn't help smiling and feel happy during the play, it touches you in that way.

You don't have to be a child or a Mary Poppins fan to adore this play. It's practically perfect ;)


FYI, I've had "Chim chim cher-ee" in my head the whole day :P


Something I had to buy to remember my awesome time (cost a fortune but so worth it)


Otherwise I've been in town today. Studying in Starbucks and strolling around, quite nice actually :)

11 comments:

Elin said...

I so love the film and it was so long time ago I watched it. But I have it on video dubbed into Swedish, so I really don't feel like watching it xD The musical was awesome, though I didn't like the scene with the toys coming alive... Now I just have to get the book!

Caroline said...

har aldrig sett den filmen faktiskt :P

Anonymous said...

Kul.

Dom rä duktiga på musikaler och sånt där. När jag var i London kolla jag poå Queens We Will Rock You, det var så bra så man dog. Set up;en var otrolig.

Tiffany said...

re Elin: NO, the original (english) is so much better! You ahve to wath that one!

re Carro: GUD! XD Gå och se den nu! :P

re KP: Jo, verkligen! :) Ja jag såg att den gick när ja va i där i somras, men jag är itne speciellt förtjust i queens så såg inte den. Eller man kanske inte måste vara det?

Elin said...

I will :) I'm trying to find DVD versions of all my video films so I'll try to find Mary Poppins ;)

Anonymous said...

Vad är det med dej. Du visste inte att U2 hade gjort With or Without you. HAHA! Och nu är du inte förtjust i Queen. HAHA! Jag är inte heller värsta fanet av nån av dem, men jag diggar Queen, vissa låtar är så bra. Så sjunger Freddie Mercury fantastiskt.

Nhe. Eller det kanske hjäper lite om man gillar Queen. Min Mamma tyckte om den, fast hon är inget Queen-fan direkt.

Fick vykortet idag. Tack så mycket. Du får säga var CD-affären är sen. Var slottet fint. Har bara vart utanför.

Tiffany said...

re Elin: I've seen it here around. Try Fopp they have it.

re KP: MEh, jo det vet jag faktikst. U2 har gjrot nån feature med nån kvinna mörk som jag inte minns hel fel.
Men jag vet väl itne allt jag, du kanske tror det men XD

Haha nej skoja, jag har heller faktiskt inte vatt i själva slottet. Vatt utanför XD. Mina kompsiar var där idag de sa att det var jätte fint :D

melanie said...

ahh.. I've never been to a musical! Man, you're so lucky ;)
And thanks for your postcard <3

Anonymous said...

DU är min fru, jag har stora förväntningar på dej. HAHA Nhe. Man kan inte veta allt, det skulle vara tråkigt. Man skulle inte kunna ta reda på nått.

Annars har jag anmält mig till Collage nu. Jag är helt freakad.

Jenni said...

VA E DET FÖR ARMBAND?!

Meery 8D

Tiffany said...

re Mel: Gosh, it was most splendid! You must go sometime! :) why don't the two of us fly to London and see one huh ;)
No prop. love to send you cards :P

re KP: Haha, ja juste ;)
Aaahhhh, vad kul att du har anmält dig! :D Blir det nästa termin då eller?

re Jenni: HAhaa, det är ett MEEEEry Poppins armband, älskar det :)