Sunday 21 June 2009

Where are all the good people?

Hi,
Did I tell you that I witnessed a car break-in? Yeah, it was a couple of days ago.

It was around 1.30 in the night when I was about to get in bed and went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. Just as I turned on the light my brother and sister jumps at me and almost yells: SHUT THE LIGHTS! Okej..? I shut the lights. I see them both like hiding behind the windowflowers and looking down the window. My brother says that there's someone stealing out of a car. (Our kitchen window overlooks a carpark) What? No way. I look down and I do see a person holding a flashlight, going through the trunk of a car. The first thought that struck me was, noo he's just taking out something from his car or something, and so I told my brother. But he was convinced it was a burglary. He had seen the person coming riding on a bike to the carpark, parked his bike a bit away from the car, dropped a big blue garbage bag near the car, which he would steal from. He then went to the front of the car did something, went to the back and pushed or did something on the trunkwindow and it opened.

There were so many things that pointed towards a burglary but all I could think of was theories that proved the opposite. He's just getting some things from his car. In the middle of the night? Doesn't the trunk open as a whole "trunk board" (baklucka) why is he leaning over the window to get stuff? Maybe there isn't a trunk board. Why did he park his bike so far from where he was? And so it kept going on. We saw him load more and more plastic bags out of the trunk down to the ground. After all the failed theories I came up with I started to realize that it might really be a burglary. For a moment there I felt it was pretty exciting, hiding behind the windowflowers looking down on a thief, I mean I've never witnessed suchlike. Then after like 5 minutes he grabbed all the bags and went over to his bike, put them on the steeringwheel and walked the bike out of the carpark, soon away of sight.

I was like: we should call the police. My brother didn't think it was worth the bother. We talked to our mum and she didn't think that either. I was convinced it was a burglary, I mean he left the freakin' trunk wide open and went away with all those bags, and one should call the police when it's a burglary. I was about to dial the number and call a few times but I didn't. I had never called the emergency number before, I've never reported a crime, how did things go down? What would the police do? Would they even care? I don't know what you think but in that moment I really was ready to call, but....I...didn't.

We didn't call. We didn't do anything. Just watched it all happen and went silently away.

Where are all the good people today? Where?

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Ni skulle faktiskt ha ringt :P Jag menar, det kanske inte gör någon skillnad, men isåfall skulle ni gjort en god gärning ;)

Tiffany said...

Jo det var faktikst det jag tänkte. Det skulle inte gjort någon skillnad men det är iaf. man bör ringa in för. Jag skulle ha ringt om Martin o Mamma nt va så.XD

meeiyi said...

you should have called.. ni kanse hade blivit belönade :o haha

Tiffany said...

re Meiyi: Belönade? Tjaa....trot inte det. Det verkar nt ens som om polisen har gjrot nått åt det. XD

Kattis. said...

oj så späbnnande. sitter på arlanda nu, åker till Florida idag. kommer hem den 9 Juli. vi hörs min andra hälft.

Elin said...

Even if you had called, the police wouldn't come. Even if they could the thief would be too far away and probably the owner reported it when he saw his car that morning. It probably had the same effect... I mean, the effiency of the police is not like CSI...

Tiffany said...

re KP: Aw hare så kul! VI hörs efter du kommit hem! :D

re Elin: Well I knew the police wouldn't cath him or anything, or do anything to stop the burglary but I thought it'd be maybe nice of us to inform the police that there is a suspect burglary here and if the owner would report it, we have witnesses.