Wednesday 17 June 2009

Everybody needs a little Poison Ivy!

L I N E S I S B A D A S S !

My friend text messaged me 11 in the morning (morning? How do u say förmiddag in English? XD) saying she had recieved her copy already. I flew up from the bed ran out to the front dorr in hope to see a brown package. FACK, no there wasn't. Then I realized the mail doesn't come this early so I had to wait and wait and wait. Felt like forever then around 1 o'clock. FINALLY! Blasting Lines at loudest in the livingroom stereo in the afternoon was badass! XD Life is GGOOOOOOD! :P

So since this afternoon I haven't listened to anything else. I was actually sceptical to the new album because form the previews I've heard it was so different from their previous sound and songs. I was afraid they'd gambles too much with this album. It didn't sound quite as Jonas Brothers. But oh I was wrong. THERE is nothing in the album that's a disappointment. I was right however that most of the songs in the album are a completely new sound. But that's okey with me, I didn't think I'd like it but hey I do, honestly I do. Even the most different ones like "What did I do to your heart" and "Don't charge me for the crime" are one of my favourite songs of the album. The most amazing thing about this album however is the lyrics, when I read the lyrics to Black Keys I almost cried. The lyrics are so smart, really, there are so much thought behind them, such as Poison Ivy, What did I do to your heart, Don't charge me... and Keep it real. If you read the lyrics you can see how much the boys have grown and matured during the different albums. They are not just singing about crushing-crushed, they're deeper now. People have to stop seeing them through this boyband-image. I mean if people were new to them and listens to this album, they must think what the hell are these boys doing? Trying and singing stuff outside their league, like stay with the girlypop. Is it such a crime not to wanna be labeled?

There was a album review of it in Metro today, saying pretty much exactly what I just wrote. And on top of that saying they don't know what they sing about. That's the crappiest thing I've heard, expecially this album is pretty much only based on personal experiences. Hello?! Do your research people! Was it just me who laughed so hard reading the Much better lyrics? Taylor eat it!

Anyway, I'd love to evaulate each song and say what I think about them but that would be a torture beyond anything for you guys. XD So here's a top 5 list of my favourite songs:
1. Fly With Me
2. Keep It Real
3. Hey Baby
4. Turn Right
5. Poison Ivy

4 comments:

Kajsa said...

It wouldn't be torture, please do! My favourites are completely different though.

1. Hey baby
2. World War III
3. What did I do to your heart
4. Paranoid
5. Before the storm

I still see, but these my favourites now. I tried to listen at work today, but they have the stupid radio on. Hip music is okay once a while, but not all day long five times a week!

Elin said...

I haven't even bought it yet! I'm buying it tomorrow while I'm in town to see you guys :P

Caroline said...

vad är poison ivy egentligen?

haha, sandra sprang som en galning när vi hörde att brevlådan slos igen.

Tiffany said...

re Kajsa: Hahah aw, good to know at least one person doesn't think I always talk crap on my blog. XD Well I do like Hey Baby I just got them mixed up, argh so silly. XD I jsut don't like Before the storm that much..XD

re Elin: LIISSTTEEEN!

re Carro: Det är brännässlor. Hahah aaaw, SAndra fick den ju före mig tom!! XD