Saturday 5 September 2009

the Bloody truth

Hi,
So I lied. I didn't write an entry yesterday. Well, I didn't know at the time I was writing it that I wouldn't so I didn't lie, I broke...a promise? XD OKEY enough. So about the thing on my mind was stuff about London which I thought I was over, but I guess I wasn't. It became quite overwhelming and it felt like I couldn't breathe. It passed, I guess during yesterday so it was no idea brining it up again.

About something else then. Well.....why not take up the ever so popular Vampiran Obsession. (I just invented that word..) I mean everyone's talking about it, I don't wanna be a retard...XD
First off, well it's not really a secret that I dislike (haha) everything that has to do with vampires and company. Really I didn't get it before and don't get it now either and I probably never will.

I read this column in the papers not long time ago, it was a guy writing exactly about this, the whole female buzz on vampires. I particularly remember this bit when he said; luckily there aren't vampires in real life, otherwise all the women would rather be with them than human men. I had a good time laughing at it because that's exactly how I would put it myself. It maybe sounds absurd but it has some truth to it. Doesn't it?

Vampires to me is like blood, flesh eating and morbid sex. (Not sure how the latter come about but anyway) Am I wrong? And exactly what is it that should appeal to people? Where's the hype? Then make me understand why millions and yet millions tune in every week for True Blood, why Twilight wins award after award from best on-screen kiss to best soundtrack and why Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Dakota Fanning (even Mandy van Duyne!) does vampire flicks. Do you seriously find it sexy when someone like possessed basically eat off a poor souls throat? Do you get excited watching a pair making out, eventually leading to one of them unconcsious and bloody in bed?

Well, now I'm out. Basically this was long kinda worthless entry really just saying I don't get the trend. I guess something has to be on the wall so why not blood and sex right? Or maybe I'm just not morbid enough.

Dakota Fanning as Jane in "New Moon" from the Twilight saga

2 comments:

Kajsa said...

It's not morbid to like it in fiction (morbid would be trying to do something alike blood drinking in a sexual situation). As to why vampires has such a strong sexual vibe, well the "first" vampire is Dracula. And if you read the novel you'll find it's romantic and with sexual tensions (I haven't read it yet, but I know this much). It's nothing new that vampires are connected to sex, it comes from as early as Dracula.

(I know by this time you've sighed and rolled your eyes, but... Sorry, you commented my genre, give me an oppertunity to defend it! Please don't stop reading --')

I'm not so sure that women would prefer real vampires to ordinary men. I would think of it as more of a thing that you can like in fiction, but not in real life. Just like you can adore the bad guy in fiction (like me;p) but would never go with one in real life. Because it's not the same in the real world as it is in fiction (surprise, surprise). And vampires in novels are kind of like that, bad guys the girls fall for.

Anyway, True Blood isn't very good, and Twilight doesn't really deserve those rewards (Usch, mainstream), but I love the genre anyway.

Ps. vampires don't eat flesh - that's zombies and there's no sex there.

Tiffany said...

HAha, I knew this was coming. Well actually I started to sigh and roll my eyes even before I started to read the whole thing. XD

So basically it has nothing to do with vampirism XD? Just a bad boy thing?

Well I know they don't eat flesh, they just bite or whatever but saying eat is my way to make it sound silly. XD Haha, but you should see clips from Jennifer's Body, it literally looks like she is eating someone. XD

Thanks for sharing this anyway. Can't say I'm disagreeing with anything.