Monday 14 September 2009

Ugly business

Auch!,
that's all I had to say about the VMA's. I've been running errands and buying stuff with my dad all morning and when I finally checked my Twitter in the afternoon, I knew I had missed something. Kanye! Kanye! Taylor Swift and Beyoncé everywhere. What the hell is going on? I surfed into the Swedish MTV website, where they have the whole show in videos, and watched it.

First off I just wanna say that I loved the Micheal Jackson tribute, those dancers were sick man! XD But that was like the only part I liked in the whole show. (Russel Brand is just nasty and really not funny, I really hope he isn't the host next year. And Lady Gaga's performance was just so disturbing *shivers*)

So the very first award to be presented was Best Female video, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Taylor Swift was nominated. Among all these mega-stars 19 year old Taylor Swift won the award. In her very fancy glittery white dress she walks up to the stage to accept the award and give her thank you speech. In the middle of her speech Kanye West comes up on stage and takes her mic and tells her he's really happy for her but then he starts to scream Beyoncé has the best video of all times! repeatedly. Then jerks the mic to Taylor and just leaves.
The face on Taylor is kinda heartbreaking, she don't know what do to or say. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Taylor Swift, I repeat Taylor Swift, but I did. She looked devastated, the poor thing.


So throughout the rest of the show both Russel Brand (host) and several presenters tried to calm everyone down and say that Taylor deserved the award and so on.
I thought the whole thing was kinda ugly. For once I was glad that I was sitting in front of the computer watching an award show instead of being there. I'm starting to think the VMA's is getting a bit too vulgar for me.

2 comments:

Kajsa said...

Oh my god! Anger issues, or what?

Tiffany said...

I know right!