Sunday 26 October 2008

Last of High School Musical..or?


This is just gonna be a quick review of High School Musical 3; the senior year.

I must say I was a bit sceptic when I heard that the third movie was going to shown in the cinema. I could see the scenario clearly in front of me; the cinema being swamped with children and packs of giggling "fjortis" ("14-year olds", we need a word for that don't we?!) girls. All of them wearing High school musical t-shirts (at least the children) and singing the soundtrack or playing them on their cellphone (as for the fjortisar).
I mean High school 3 on cinema would be the greatest fjortis gathering in the history, not even arranged. XD

I must say that even though I think HSM is one of the most cheesy and childish movie of all time, there's still something utterly charming about it. The HSM movies are perfectly predicatable and shallow, the silliness just makes me laugh out loud. But on the other hand it feels good just for some moments to stop being so mature and just enjoy the lightly entertainment these movies offer.

Anyhow, I bought tickets (mostly because I hadn't went ot the cinemas for almost 2 months....right XD) and in the end it was me, my sister and 3 other friends from school who went. I didn't really care about my age or whatever anymore, I'm at least not 21 ! XD
I knew some of the songs and singing along was one of the best thing about the movie. (It's a musical all right?! You're supposed to sing!)

The movie neither impressed nor disappointed me. I mean sequels are in general really bad and imagen when you do a sequel of something that's already quite bad? I've seen the second HSM movie and thought that was just a bit worse than the first. That's why I was full prepared of something catastrophic but I must say it kept the HSM standard (with being quite good). In the movie I really liked how they transformed from "real life" to being in the musical and vice versa, skilled. The budget was way higher now, but quite unecessary according to me. I mean Sharpay's and Ryan's "I wan it all" was fab. but it would do without all the 1000 lights and signs. What about in Zac's "Scream" the revolving hallway, what the heck?! XD
I can never get enough of Zac's screams (pure awesomeness XD) and the song is no doubt the best on the whole soundtrack. You do not want to miss Zac's screaming in the end of the song, thefore I've been nice enough to upload the song onto this blog. Check it out! ;)

If you've been with HSM from the very beginning you should see this. Zac is just plain awesome :D

"I want my own dream, so bad I'm gonna scream !"

0 comments: