Wednesday 27 February 2008

Rise of an Emo generation

Hohoho, I didn't die! XD I'm almost completely well. So it's 2,5 weeks left to kick ass until next break.
We've started with our "individuella val" cours (50p) now, I chose Speech A. As said before I totally suck at making up speeches and making them sound a bit sane! I don't have problems with getting up there and standing in front of people, I just want to then be good at talking to all fo them. XD
It started this tuesday, not many people showed up but I know there's mroe to come on thursday. We started out with some fun excercises and I really hope I'm getting ebtter at speaking after this course, if not I'll fail -_-.

I got a sudden kick of writing about an old subject that haven't very current but I've (we've) noticed more and more now. EMOISM...
I thought it was kinda over last year, it had faded away. I thought it was just a crazy trend during 2006, really it was crazy. Suddenly emo kids popped out of everywhere and everyone started to look like each other with the black clothes and the heavy mascara. My chemical romance and Panic! at the disco was on everybody's mp3's.
I was like, come on is it so fun being alternative now? One thing I don't often mention is this wave of emo's is not people older than me not many were the same age as me, they're all younger! I have a theory of the people in my age, many of them may have been "emo" at the period but figured out how stupid it really was and just abandoned it.
Anwyay so I started high school (gymnasiet), all the students there are older so automatically you don't see much emo's anymore and yeah my school are really more like an "ey!" school than an alternative school. XD So if they're not in your school you pretty much don't notice them anywhere, sometimes here and there but not like in troops. Then I thought well yeah this silly trend had to fade away sometime!

So this year, halfway through the year me and my friends (which you all know talks about not the most common things) we notice something. Hey, haven't you guys seen a lot of emo's on this school lately? I was like: Now when you bring it up, yeah you're right!
UH OH...
Is this a result of the great emo expansion 2 years ago? Will they be invading high school now?

(Hoho, this discussion turned out so lame, hope you can comment anyway XD)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you know, the 91's are a scary generation xP I noticed that at my old school too, almost all the 91's and the 92's were emos/alternative xD.

Btw, that girl's comment is on the "Computer Fight"-post ;)

Anonymous said...

Emo is so out now. xD
p!atd är inte emooo :o

urrr, de hade värsta artikeln om p!atd i hd idag. BLEÄ -.- jag lyssna på dem först(nästan) och sen stavade de inte med utropstecknet. Så himla dåligt. Hahaha, det är såna saker man stör sig på.
Akta så inte fler o fler lyssnar på Jonas Brothers, fast det har väl redan hänt?

Tiffany said...

re Elin: yeah you're so right ! XD

re Carro: p!atd klassas som emo, men själv tycker jag inte är helt rätt. Värsta artikel? men värre när det är insändare. Men kolla p!atd har redan HÄNT, JB har inte så det är lite en annan sak. Just nu tror jag det finsn fler JB fans än P!atd fans...XD

Anonymous said...

jag vet att de klassas som emo men de är inte ^^
alla band i punk/rock/electronica ..som helt enkelt inte är pop eller hiphop klassas som emo. HAHA, folk har ingen aning.

Tiffany said...

re Carro: Jo det är faktikst sant, det känns som de klassar allt annat som emo....-_-