Saturday 23 February 2008

Jump this one

It's a shame that I have all this free time but still don't write anything here. I feel a bit....sad.
Several things have happend since I last wrote but not sure if it's interessting enough for me to write about it (like I always write interessting stuff XD).

My friend and her sister came down here for a couple of days, it was fun. We've haven't seen each other since christmas.
We went to the movies, the Swedish premiere of JUMPER.
I've seen the trailer right, with these REALLY cool special effects and action scenes but I wanted to see it mostly because Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson is in it. I thought the story was really cool, jumping through space (teleporting) and then there are these bad guys who wants to kill them. That was about everything I knew about the movie before I watched it. I was really excited it seemed JUST like a movie I'd love, not even after the papers had given it a crappy grade, it couldn't turn me down.

Anyway, about the movie........it really sucked! The whole story was totally incoherent, nothing made really sense oh wait, there WAS NO STORY.
Let me sum it all up: yeah David has this ability to teleport(jump), grows up, finds his childhood crush "the girl next door" (getting old isn't it?) asks her to come with him on a travel, and she does (just like that), people starts to come after him blalblbla they go after his family (CLASSIC!), he has to save his girlfriend. In there evil mothers, weird electric equippment, unecessary intimate scene and LOADS of unnatural behaviour are mixed like a big cauldron of nasty soup. Almost half of all the scenes very totally unnecessary or really confusing.
I might have written it down sounding like a coherent story it is NOT, believe me...

Annasophia Robb was great though, when I think about it now she was one of the highlighst of this film and she was in it 9 minutes tops. But only that she is 15 and Max Thieriot who plays young Daving (main character) is 20 and you can really see that Annasophia, still with the wig and all that make-up was waaay too young for th role. I don't know what the castingdirectors thought, she doesn't even look like Rachel Bilson!! XD
The thing is they've casted all these known actors and actresses (Samuel l Jackson, Diane Lane, Kristen Stewart, Jamie Bell), for what?! They really thought this movie was going to be something really BIG, like HUGE! WHAT A WASTE OF TALENTS! There's absolutely no doubt that they did this movie in mind of doing a sequel.

The "jumping" is SO COOL though, the special effects were in general very impressive, it's like nothing you've seen before, I'd almost say that you have to see this film for these special effects but just almost. The action scenes were hard to keep up with, with all the jumping (teleporting) from here and there in every split second.
There were also ALOT of hand-camera moments! Okej not a lot but some, I felt really sick after a while and I even thought of watching Cloverfield! I think not!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Så dålig den var!
Aså Cloverfield. Va det nödvändigt att filma den i handkamera.. den verkar ju bra men man vill ju inte se den nu. Så yr jag blev bara av det lilla i Jumper xD

Tiffany said...

Jomen de ville väl göra något nytt liksom, fattar itne hur de som har sett Cloverfield inte har kräkts efteråt XD

Anonymous said...

Jaaaaaaaaaaa! Daving va skit dålig!!!

Jag tror man kommer må illa av Cloverfield. Om dom inte gör det skit bra på nåt sätt.

Anonymous said...

Jaaaaaaaaaaa! Daving va skit dålig!!!

Jag tror man kommer må illa av Cloverfield. Om dom inte gör det skit bra på nåt sätt.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.celebxray.com/rachel_bilson.html]Rachel Bilson Naked[/url]