Wednesday 12 May 2010

Wire-freakin'-less

Zup,
Don't know if you guys noticed that I was absent online yesterday? My internet was down the whole day (the internet was down in the whole building), I was not online during the whole freakin' day. Just the fact that I couldn't access the internet made me almost sufficate. Every five minutes I kept hitting that refreshing network button. It was insane, I felt like I was back in the stone age. My laptop was basically of no use without the internet. Well, it's lucky though you don't have to have itnernet to listen to iTunes or else I'd be dead by now.

It just shows how dependent we've (I've) become on the internet. It's like out whole life revolves around cyberworld. How could this have been? It was just 10 years ago the internet was basically founded and now we basically can't live without it. If you're not online it takes you 10 million times harder to find things, contact someone, find out about something, be updated with something and the list goes on forever. It's scary.

But curiously enough I felt I had a lot more time to do things yesterday. There were not as much stuff to distract me. It was liberating somehow.

So I've decided, this summer I'm gonna have at least ONE DAY I won't be online when I actually can be. Wanna join me? :)

4 comments:

Elin said...

Or you can do like I did one summer and stay offline for a whole week ;) It was ok, at least during summer when there are a lot of other things to do :)

Tiffany said...

Yeah I figured it's easier during the summer. You should try doing it like during the weekends. That would be difficult.

Kajsa said...

That happened when I moved, so I know exactly what you mean. I kind of have all the music I'm currently listening to on Spotify, so no internet kills me.

Tiffany said...

re Kajsa: Guash, I wouldn't function correctly with all my music online.