Thursday 6 May 2010

What it says

You know it! It's 12 degrees, almost cloudless and sunny day, perfect polling day.

I didn't really know I was entitled to vote since I don't really live here but I guess I was wrong, although I could only vote for my local government. So somehow I got registered to vote and then somehow I got involved in the campaigning, debates and the whole shite.

The campaigning, election system, voting, basiaclly everything is all very different from Sweden. The campaigning for a start is sooo much mroe agressive here, politicians go canvassing (knocking doors and giving out flyers), send you letters/flyers/and whatever, parties direct target rival aprties in campaign ads and so on. And people actually hangs up signs in their windows, cars, doors things saying "Labour winning here" "I'm voting Lib Dem" etc. I was actually very surprised when I first saw one of thos signs, I mean in Sweden people don't even tell family members who they're voting for!

After following some of the campaigning and watching the debate, they say alot but really says nothing. What they really do is trashtalking other parties policies rather than actually campaigning their own policies. But what are you going to do? We all know politicians are a shady kind of people.

Anyway, so I voted in the Untied Kingdom and I feel kinda cool atm. XD I'm looking forward catching up with the Swedish election this summer, it's gonna be awesome. :)

3 comments:

Kajsa said...

Isn't it weird though that the campaigning haven't really started here, when we're voting in like a few months?

(haven't you seen that I've posted some new things? ;p)

Tiffany said...

Yeah, they are doing stuff though like new budgets and stuff, but not really campaigning I guess.

You mean on your blog? I did read the modelling thing. Or what do you mean?

Kajsa said...

yeah, I meant the modelling thing and the little things