Friday 2 October 2009

No more fooling around

Hi thar,
So now the welcome week is over and hard core school (lectures, lessons, seminars etc) will start on Monday. Gulp.

As far as I know, I'm having Journalistic Practices at 10 o'clock as first lesson. But since there were a problem with my timetable and they couldn't hand it out to me, I can't be 100% sure. It is also accessable on the web but on my timetable there are only 3 subjects, but I'm supposed to have 4. XD

So after my failure to retireve my time table I went to check out the library and hopefully find some books I need. The library was huge, it has all this different floors and rooms, it was confusing. XD I logged into a computer however and looked up the books for my different subjects and chose some of them, those who sounded good like introduction to journalism and son on. I was kinda surprised how easily I could find the books and that they were even available.

Checking them out however wasn't that easy, it was not like borrowing at Stads biblioteket (draw card, click password, scan books), no they had to come up with this almost impossible system. Scan studentcard (barcode precisely under red light), wait 30 sec, do not remove card and scan books. You scan the books under the red light but how were you supposed to do that when your studentcard was placed there? Just the slightest touch of the card and the machine says I ahve to remove everything and start from the beginning. So the whole process was like a game of multitasking, balance and patience (because it took the machine 30 sec to scan the books). Anyway I managed to check out my four books (took me like 10 minutes XD) but I realized now I forgot my notebook at the check out or somewhere in the library. Crap XD.


I then rushed home to leave the books and to go to Camden town to meet up a friend. One of my ex classmates where in London visiting her sister so we decided to meet and stroll around Camden. I've thought of going to camden but never went. It is very different from like the high streets elsewhere in London but it's nice, alot of cheap store. ;) It was nice however seeing a familiar face (it feels like since forever) and chatting in Swedish. :P

I'm gonna get some reading, not showing up in journalism class utterly unprepared again! XD

5 comments:

Elin said...

Seems you're doing OK xD The library in Lund is the same. Four floors! I haven't checked out any books yet (don't really feel the need to) But finding a specific book there at all is impossible without a computer. Your check-out system sounds too hard to be true really. Are the books valuable or something? xD

Your timetable is weird, but the first week was totally upside down here too so I guess everything will work out in the end. They change my timetable all the time so if I don't check my mails every day I have no idea when I'm supposed to show up ^^;

Kajsa said...

I think our school libary can rival Malmö stadsbibliotek... so yeah, biiig library. It's more homey though, and it's more comfortable to study there than at stadsbiblioteket. But it's actually really difficult to find the books you want, unless they're down in the storage (magasinet?). Then it's just fun moving shelves :) - they're eletronic shelves, you push a button and then they just move one step by themselves.

So, who did you meet? Anyone from our old class?

Caroline said...

TACK SÅ MYCKET! :) Lite konstigt att inte få ett födelsedagskort när man typ fått ett varenda år i flera år nu xD

Ha det så kul med dina första lektioner imorgon :)

Tiffany said...

re Elin: Haha, well I hope I'm doing OK after next week too. XD Yeah I hope they fix my timetable soon, but what's different from yours we have the same timetable the whole semester.

re Kajsa: haha, yeah that sounds nice. :D yeah I met Rahima, she's in London 'til friday.

re Carro: really? Trodde jag slutade skicka typ för 2 år sen...gjorde jag inte? Tack. :)

Caroline said...

Haha, jag vet inte men jag har för mig att jag fick ett förra året xD