Wednesday 7 October 2009

I'm still alive..barely

Hello,
I know I haven't updated for a while now. I've had too much on my mind and too much to deal with the last (NOTE) two days. My god, felt like an eternity, but it really was just two days.

As you know this Monday was my first real day in school, with lessons and all that. My first module (they call subjects modules over here XD) was Journalistic practices (loads of homework btw). The class was pretty small, probably because most of them couldn't find the place. It's not surprising.

I don't want you to think I'm exaggerating but it is actually almost impossible to find your way around without getting lost in the Tower building (main building). Even the people who are there to help (there are severeal help desks all over the place) get confused, I asked this guy once for directions to a room. And he was like no that room doesn't exist it must be this one, and showed me to a room. I thought, well maybe I copied off the wrong room, but since I was a bit early I started to explore the place, guess what? I found the room I was supposed to be in. Thanks for that. Anyway, besides from that additional story of mine XD, what I'm tring to say is, it's really really difficult to find your way around because the Main building is also connected with other buildings but you must go through the main building to get to those other buildings. It's like a crazy maze of corridors after corridors after corridors.

But that's not the main issue in my past 2 days. The thing was my modules and my time table. As I said even last week, there have been some problems with my timetable, not showing all of my modules etc. but the nightmare just got worse and worse. It turned out that they had registered 5 modules (6 even) to me, and I'm just supposed to have 4. I kept email attacking a teacher (module leader of my course) about my modules problem, and it came clear to me that not even she knew for sure what modules I was going to do.

So I went to the horrid Undergraduate Office (those of you who haven't seen the UG office on my uni, don't know what a horrid place it is). There is always, ALWAYS, a insanely long queue to the UG office, we're talking like up to 50 students queuing in a sweaty, bad aired corridor for around an hour each. I thought I'd be smart and go there just as they open in the morning. I even arrives 10 minutes before they openen and there were already like 20 people before me. I waited 45 minutes before it was my turn. Even the staff there don't know what have happened with my modules and he was like, yeah this is screwed up you have to re-register the correct ones. And he didn't know which was the correct ones, so I had to look them up and fill in this re-register form. Which was so not worth waiting 45 mins for. The guy told me to just come in from the other side and give them the form when I was ready, so when I returned they guy was not there of course. Instead there was this stare-y angry woman, she wouldn't believe I was there earlier and if I hadn't kept talking she would have sent me back to queue in that insane line. She was very reluctant to help and when I asked here something she would answer me very bitchy way. After she scolded me for implying it was it wasn't my fault that my modules were wrong, I set off. I said to myself that I never wanted to go there again unless someone forces me.

The nightmare continues with me attending the class that was registered on me although I'm not supposed to do. Several people from my course (fa. marketing & journalism) was there and they had different timetables and modules from me, and that made me really anxious if I had registered the right modules. I was just generally really anxious and frustrated. Because it felt like no one could or wanted to help me, I didn't know who to turn to, I had no one to talk to. It was really stressful, not knowing which lessons you should go to and not. It was hell.

And on top of that I had thousands of things to do after my first lesson in Journalistic Practices. Pressure, lonliness, helplessness is not a good combination. If it weren't for people around me keep encouraging and tellme to keep fighting, I don't know what I would have done. I was a wreck, but hearing people tell me that it'll be fine and that I would make everything alright, made me realize that I being alone is not always a good thing. We need people in our life, we need to know that people care about us.

I had a breakdown, but after really positive comments and so on, I'm better now. I just stopped caring so much. Like whatever!

6 comments:

Meikei said...

Det kan bara bli bättre!! Jag tror på att du kommer fixa detta. Förresten du är inte ensam I'm here :)
puss

Kajsa said...

Det var ju inte ditt fel! Nej, jag blev upprörd bara av att läsa om det - de verkar ju vara sämre än Latin på det där! Men men, när de som ska fixa det inte kan fixa det så är det bara att försöka göra det själv. Finns liksom inte mycket annat att göra. Jag hoppas att det löser sig utan för mycket ångest och besvär för din del (de på administrationen kan få svettas lite ;p).

Hoppas du mår bra annars och börjar vänja dig vid att bo hemifrån. Jag känner mig rätt annorlunda i alla fall...

Kram :)

Caroline said...

Uscch, jobbigt den där UG office! De verkar ju inte ha hanterat det bra ifall det är typ 50 pers i den kön hela tiden :p

Tiffany said...

re Meks: Tack :')

re Kajsa: Aw, blir lättad över att höra det. :D Jag VILL att de på admin ska svettas, lika rätt åt dem. XD
Jo det är bra med mig, jag tror jag har vant mig att bo här nu, laga mat o sånt där. Det är okej. :)

re Carro: nej verkligen inte. Du kan gå dit viken dag, vilken tid som helst kommer det full proppat med folk. Ibland ännu värre, har sett att de köar utanför själva kontorets korridor också. Vansinnigt! XD

Elin said...

Usch vilket ställe du hamnat på :P från den ena dåliga syon till den andra ;P

Men det löser sig väl. Om du inte ger upp. Så keep on fighting! Ganbatte ne! ;P

Tiffany said...

re Elin: Verkligen, men här vet jag inte ens vem syon e, eller om de ens har någon. XD

tack så mycket, just det min flatmate sa te mig. ;)