Saturday 14 February 2009

A cut out life

I don't know about you guys but sometimes I feel like I have a cut out life.

I think people , at least I have, a cut out, an ideal of how oneshould be and how one's life should be. I should dress like that, I should talk like this, I should be friends with these, I should do this and that. Think after, and be frank don't you have certain personal regulations or ideals you keep trying to fulfill.
I think you do.

I like to think of myself as an independent person who never follows the crowd. And maybe most of you who knows me agrees with that. But recently I've found myself always trying and wishing I could dress like that or being as funny or having stories to tell or just looking like like that. I've realized I've put so much pressure on myself by thinking like this, that besides all the things that pressures me like school and grades I have these silly "ideals" to fulfill. Why do I, we, have these unecessary pressure on ourself, why? Why isn't being yourself enough?

I've finally started to be content with my life as it is and appreciate the little things that makes me happy. And that should be enough! Why do people dream to be someone else, dream to besomewhere else and not appreciate what they have and what they are? How much happier will you be if you had those clothes or if you go to New York? That's not for good. You are this person for good, no matter what you do no matter what you yearn for. Learn to be happy with yourself and appreciate the things you do have and the people who do love you.

It'd be healthier for everyone if they could be themselves once in a while

View from when I learnt how to play "Mandy" on the loneliest valentines day yet.

3 comments:

Elin said...

You know, I used to think like that. Before high school and even in the beginning of high school I so yearned to be someone else, btu it made me so miserable. I realised that after some time and that's when I decided that no matter what people think I'll just follow my own path. If it happens to coincide with other people's paths then fine, if not fine! You should be happy the way you are cos no matter how much you think that you are like the rest of the crowd there's no one else like you and we all like the way you are now :) We like our Jonas freak xD

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much! :')

Caroline said...

Well written :)