Monday 23 February 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

(I was writing this yesterday but then my internet stopped working so it's today instead..XD)
I got home around 2 o'clock today from a pretty short day in school and immediately started to watch yesterday's (today morning's) Oscars. Of course I watch the red carpet arrivals which is one of the highlights of the awards.

It was a really bad harvest this year, not just fashionwise but most of the starts didn't even walk the red carpet. They had to be so freakin' mysterious this year..XD
Somehow Miley Cyrus was there again! Argh, but I was at least glad that she had an ugly dress, muhaha. XD (evil). I was really surprised to Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens (she doesn't talk much though) on the red carpet, and who else..Robert Pattinson! Haha XD

My faves were: Natalie Portman and Angelina Jolie



Once again really bad harvest, there were just so much skinn colours and almost everyone chose strapless gowns. There were a lot more stars at the actual award though and if I remember correctly I also liked Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard. Chchch....

List of winners (altered):
BEST PICTURE
"Slumdog Millionaire"
LEAD ACTOR
Sean Penn in "Milk"
LEAD ACTRESS
Kate Winslet in "The Reader"
DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle for "Slumdog Millionaire"
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
"Departures" - Japan
SUPPORTING ACTOR
Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight"
SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Penelope Cruz in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
"Milk"
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
"Slumdog Millionaire"
ANIMATED FEATURE
Andrew Stanton for "WALL-E"
MAKEUP
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
CINEMATOGRAPHY
"Slumdog Millionaire"
VISUAL EFFECTS
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
SOUND EDITING
"The Dark Knight"
SOUND MIXING
"Slumdog Millionaire"
FILM EDITING
"Slumdog Millionaire"
ORIGINAL SCORE
"Slumdog Millionaire"
ORIGINAL SONG
"Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire"

I was really surprised this year, the twist was real! XD Hugh Jackman was great, the singing and I must say I loved the dancing and the singing he did. I even fell for some of his jokes, like that one about Australia XD!
I was like OMG this is so entertaining, is it really the Oscars I'm watching now? XD I loved the "yearbook" of the different genres of films from last year. I glimpsed Narnia during Action, did you?! ;)
I loooved the Musical medley they did. Got so excited when I saw Zac coming out on stage! And they sang Hairspray, yeeaay! :) I do have to watch Mamma Mia sometime...
What I didn't like was that "movie" sketch James Franco and Seth Rogen did, it was quite funny but too much MTV Movie awards. Afterall this is the Oscars, it should be classy.

Okej, thanks for me. Guys, comment! XD

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Min skiva var SÖNDER ;( så den spelade inte in allt. Typ en timme på röda mattan, vilket sög. Det första som poppa upp när jag slog på skivan var Mileys ugly face och ugly dress^^

Själva galan såg jag från när Wall-E tog pris till jag-vet-inte-när, men den enda roliga priset jag såg var typ bästa manlige biroll^^

Jag typ spola förbi musikalmedley, vet inte vrf haha^^ Blev smått överraskad över årets gala faktiskt. Håller med om sketchen liknade MTV movie awards..Det var inte ens roligt.

Tiffany said...

Ojj nämen var man på MIley fiecre humör idag? XD Haha

Hmm, du sa att din skvia gick sönder och inte spelade in allt, men du kunde ändå se från bästa animerade film till nått...? XD

Musiklmedleyt var det bästa ju! Hur kul var bästa manlgia biroll?...Heath Ledger inte som om man itne visste att han skulle vinna..:P