Friday 4 December 2009

Snap out of it!

Heya,
SO we are asked to write a review as our next assignment in Journalistic Practices class. The first thing that crossed my mind was the new season of Heroes. But then I started to think of how difficult it would be and how I wouldn't be able to write a good piece. Because I don't know how to use this smart language everyone else (apparently) are genious in and that I would be too difficult to review a TV series without spoiling and so another negative thought appeared after antoher.

And just as I started to write this (blog entry) I realized I dwell in self-pity too much. I always linger on all of these negative factors and make myself believe I'm not good enough, which in the end makes my writing process just a hundred times more difficult. Urgh what an ass I've been.

I mean if I didn't attend this class I would happily be reviewing the new season of Heroes. What is wrong with me really? Gosh I have to stop it.

ANYWAY, this was not the point I had in mind to make with this blogentry. I was originally planning on clearing up the confusion on the seasons of Heroes (well I've been confused anyway). Because Heroes both have seasons and volumes.

The fact is that, the first season consists of Volume 1 "Genesis", which has 23 episodes.
Volume 2 "Generations" make up season 2, and it had only 11 episodes (because of the writers strike, d'you remember?). So season 3 (!) consists of Volume 3 "Villians" and Volume 4 "Fugitives", with a total 25 episodes. And now the most recent season, season 4, is showing Volume 5 "Redemption" with currently 12 episodes.

All clear now? Well it is for me anyway. XD Gonna go watch a movie now, ciao!

4 comments:

Elin said...

Do what you feel like. Just because they are skilled in writing doesn't mean you should be feeling bad.

And with the seasons and volumes... Wasn't that clear from the beginning? :O

Kajsa said...

Of course they can write "fancy" easier if it's their native language! Don't look at their work, just your own. Besides, isn't the point of all these assignments that you're going to practice in order to get better? You're just beginning the studies, you're not suppose to perfect already.

Tiffany said...

re Elin: Yeah, it's true really. :) Thanks.

HAHAH, well no. XD I've been mixing them all up,thought "fugitives" was season 4. And this was 5.

re Kajsa: Yeah, I guess. It's frustrating though...:( Yeah I do forget that times to times, I just really hope I do get better. XD

meeey said...

with some fabric paint, some wierd paper that i had at home and a cheap t-shirt ofc ^^
(haha t-shirten kosta bara 15 :D)<-thats cheap