Monday 26 May 2008

Traumatic Memories


(note: This is part 5 in a series of my trip to France, please read "Let get this party started", "Are you hungry", "Game over prettyface", "the tables gonna turn" and "We are talking!"to get the whole story in chronologic order)

Guys, you must feel like this is a never ending story. I myself feel that way but anyway I've started this series and I am going to finish it, one way or another!

Day 5; 6th May
.......(man I really need some thinking to remember it all now..XD). Oh yeah, todya we came to school and it was the day for our presentation in front of the frenchmen. A presentation of our project work in front of not caring and not so english skilled frenchmen, felt like we were going to make a success (not).
We had the morning to prepare and I guess every group was panicking a bit. XD First up was my frenchman's class, which I knew a bit now and knew that they're not exactly "engaged" in the classes. Anyway, our group was first and here goes "Japanese cultural influences in Malmö", either have class already fallen asleep only during the headline or decided not to listen to some freakin' geeks. XD From our side it felt like it went very well (only that we explained "hard words" in simplier english all the time, like increase XD), but from the very beginning I felt this thick invisible wall between us and the class, they wouldn't care a bit.
Then the teacher tried to start a discussion which ended up with only the swedish students were takling, yeay! (Are there unusually much irony in this entry already? XD)
Blablabla....then after break we did the presentation a.g.a.i.n. BLAH is all I have to say. XD This time our teacher amde it even worse by dividing us in groups with french students to discuss, fortuante as I am I came togetehr with totally dead French students as well as the Swedish, hu-hu.

After lunch the programme was to go to a wineyard. Yupp, our bus took us like half an hour into the middle of nowhere and there was this small wineyard. Pretty nice actually adn it turned out that one in my class lived here, that is her frenchman lived here. Hohoho, I felt really bad for her I lived like 10 minutes walk from school and she lived like 10 minutes with car to the nearest bus station. XD (Hoho, somebody's lucky)
Here we are on the wineyard (picture one), the owner (the father) talking about how to make wine and picture two is taken from the cellar or whatever it's called, thought it was kinda cool. :D


When we came back to civilization (XD), me and two other friends decided to go down to Commerce (the centre) to check out the shopping there. The french students had, aparently, planned a dinner together at a crêperie later this evening and we thought we could as well stay in Commerce until then.
We took the tram out there and tried to remember where we went with the group yesterday. XD I think we did a pretty good job after some time.


Maybe you can't see it on the picture but we walked and walked, then we came back to this square and just as we come in we see these 50-60 people stadning dead still in the middle of the square. We were like, Whaaat's uppp? Then we saw a cameraman going around filming them so something commercial was it anyway. It was a pretty cool feeling, like someone froze time but you were not. (Watched to much Heroes?)
Around 8 we were supposed to meet everyone at the tramstation, for the tramline going from school (which is line 2 for your information XD) and there we met some familiar faces. While waiting for some late students. Something tragic happens....

Here I've drawn a picture for you guys to understand the situation better. On the picture I am the red cross and I'm standing on the pavement the square opposite me is a platform, also the stops, for the tram going the other way. The rounded squares are trams.
So we, my friends and some frenchstudents were waiting for the late ones, it was probably a quarter past 8 now. I was standning with my back facing the street and suddenly I hear this "thuump" sound behind me and when I turned around I see this woman (the circle on the pic.). She's shaking, really shaking all over and looking towards the tram on her side. She was terrified and didn't know what to do. Then more and more people starts to gather around her, before I could even react some of my friends have gone over there and when they rushed back they said that a person had been run over by the tram and was stuck under it. YIKES! Then even more people came and some fo them asked us what was going on and everyone was in shock. Luckily, where I stood you couldn't the the person that been hit because all of the trams had stopped. I could however just step out and see for myself but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle such a view and after certain descriptions from my friends I was sure that I didn't want to see.

You can not possibly imagen how's it like if you haven't been in that situation, it's not real until it really happens. It gave me the chills, this person was just 3 metres away from me it could have been any of us. It gives you a whole new perspective in life, life is only for once there's no do-over when it's over. Several students were horrified and burst out in tears and I could understand them, that's why I chose not to look it would get more personal that way and I didn't want that.

After a while the police and the ambulance came. The french students couldn't believe either, what was the odds that this would happen exactly when we were there, and exactly where we stood? We had to get going, the longer we stayed the worse it would have felt. It was easier for me to drop it and not think about it but for some it was much harder.
We came to this kinda small cozy crêperie and all the guests must have been kinda surprised seeing 60 teenagers strolling across the small restaurant, luckily some french students had booked a table, or really it was more a entire room downstairs for us. We went down there and sat down some even had to sit in the smaller room next to this.
We had a great time, honestly it was as if the accident never happened. Really awesome! Only that it wasn't before 10 o'clock we got the food, which meant that I haven't been eating in approx. TEN HOURS. Huhu.
Afterwards some of us (the ones that didn't go home) went to this grassplot and just sat down and socialized (XD?) A drunk man (if not more...) came by and started to talk to us and he had this reggea music on his cellphone and soon some of us started to dance with him. XD

Then after a while Louis father came to get us adn then we went home...to his place.

Here we are playing around in the grass XD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA eller hur det är på tiden!

Njaa inte mkt värre än en vanlig skola, vi läser allt som samhälle gör fast vi har mkt idrott och så fast det är faktiskt kul (tänk att jag säger nåt sånt, jag är inte som förr haha) :D

Hur är det på din linje då?

Anonymous said...

that's tragic... But lucky neither of you got hit... I think I wouldn't wanted to see the injured person either.

Caroline said...

jag fattar inte hur du kommer ihåg allting :O aså va som hände på den dan osv.

Tiffany said...

re Mel: Thanks! NO my friends who saw it started to like describe and I was like NO details please! XD

re Carro: Jo det börjar bli lite lite svårare nu när det har tagit mig så lång tid att skriva den.Men jag kommer fortfarande ihåg efter ett tag.