Saturday 17 May 2008

The tables gonna turn


Day 3; 4th May
After a hectic morning with packing and not getting a wakeup call (!) we finally got to the Louvre Museum.
A mile long queue almost scared the whole class off but luckily it went very fast. I've never had good experience of queues, sometime had to be the first right? XD

Louvre was pretty much how I remembered it, I was here with my family and grandma like 8 years ago. Forcing a little girl of 10 years walking around in the Louvre is pure torture! Please, never do that to your children! XD
So from the very beginning I was very sceptical about going to the Louvre, again! I even made myself watch the whole "Da Vinci Code" movie to make the visit more interessting. It wasn't that bad as for 8 years ago, I've grown up now!
We went to see Mona Lisa,off course. It's totally insane how all the toursists shoves, pushes and fights to get a freakin' picture of the painting, insane I tell you! I'd seen it already so I didn't participate in the big mission to wrestle japanese people to get in front of that tiny painting.
Map of how to get around in the Louvre anyone? Seriously you CAN NOT go anywhere without the map, you'll get lost and you'll like die there you'll not find the way out without the map!

We whirled around the Louvre for 2 hours or we just ended up chilling on Starbucks. XD After the compulsory hours at Louvre we'd planned to go to Les Halles to shop just before we're heading to Nantes. We knew we didn't have much time until we had to go back to the hotel and get to Nantes.
To our surprise it was closed! Yeah, because it's sunday. Who the hell closes on Sundays? I was really disappointed, instead we hoped on the Métro again and went to Hôtel de ville and ate lunch (lunch as in a baguette and a bottle of evian water). We then just hung out by the fountains there, before going back.

Here's the bus ride from Paris to Nantes.
-One hour to get the hell out of Paris (we drove right though the whole city)
-We made many stops with many delays
-The air condition stopped working half way

SOOO when we arrived half an hour late in Nantes we where all sweaty and bummed out. I didn't feel quite nervous before now. Maaann it was jsut 24 hours ago I found out that I signed to stay with a guy. That have been like the ultimate horror scenary me and my friend have imagen before the trip and it was about to become reality.
With lack of time and information (or whatever the teachers blame on) we didn't get to know who we were going to stay with before, which still pisses me off. XD Can you imagen all the frenchmen standing there starring and waiting and all of them just seem strange and intimidating. Really it was awful, for us to get off the bus, take out our luggage and face the frenchmen.
The french teacher, who's the one organizing this whole exhange programme, had this list and he asked our names and then paired us up wiht the correct frenchman. It was absolutely AWFUL! It was like first day in school mixed with blind dating or something. XD I waited as long as I possibly could but I knew what I had to do. Around the teacher was like the remaining french people looking a bit confused themselves. I looked at them discreetly and was like: Who is it , who is it gonig to be, is it him or him or him? I said my name and the teacher called for Louis, he wasn't really any of the guys standing there, the teacher had to like grab him from the back of the surrounding people. Then everything went so fast, I met his father, I tried to be nice and talk (in french), we got into their car and drove off. Mostly it was his father that spoke, if not it was me, I really tried to be very nice and social. It turned out they just lived like 10 minutes from the school but they had got me with the car anyway, that's so thoughtful!

Their house was spacious and old but in a good kinda cosy way. I met his mom and she didn't spoke English, at that time I didn't feel that it was a problem...YET!
They asked if I was hungry and I said a bit, translation; I was starved. We sat down and had a small dinner. They started to ask me what I ate and didn't eat and what i ate for breakfast and all that. It really flattered me and I tried, in vain, to say that everyhting was fine that I'm not very particular with food. It was really weird sitting their in their round table eating cheese (we ate cheese alot! XD) and I hadn't really directly talked to my frenchman. (Sry, if I refer them as frenchmen, it sounds kinda bad or rascist but I absolutely don't mean it in that way, I'm just used to it now). Later his sister and brother came down and kissed their parents and Louis Goodnight, this family was really tight, it's so cute!
Yeah and I forgot to tell you, they go around with their shoes on in the house. I know some people do that but I've never been in such situation, it was really weird for me. We went upstairs with shoes on, they showed me my room with shoes on. It was all new for me.
Okej here's the deal, they had given Louis's room to me and he was now sleeping in a bed jammed in the hallway outside the room. I immediately thought of my own apartment, never in a million years that we could give my frenchman a room fo his own, not even my siblings have a room of their own. XD ANXIETY......
I brushed my teeth and then tried to have a conversation with the guy. I asked something, he answered, I asked something again, he answered. It was like that, but I guessed he was just really shy or really uncomfortable around me. XD After saying goodnight I closed the door and went to bed, NEVER in my whole life I felt more alone than I did then.

Heavy rain started to fall and shortly the thunderstorm joined, perfect!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

haha blind date! xD
behövde verkligen mig ett gott skratt när jag sitter här och pluggar till det fördömda kursprovet i kemi!

Tiffany said...

re Carro: AAwww va glad jag blev! :D Fy kursprov i kemi verkar bah va skit XD

Anonymous said...

Jag gillar heller inte stora konstmuseum. Man går bara vilse. När jag var i Ryssland var jag på ett SJUKTSTORT konstmueseum. Det togaldrig slut. HAHA!