Thursday 22 May 2008

We are talking!


(note: This is part 4 in a series of my trip to France, please read "Let get this party started", "Are you hungry", "Game over prettyface" and "the tables gonna turn" to get the whole story in chronologic order)

Day 4; 5th May
I woke up several times during the night. What a sleepless night! I went to the bathroom and had to like sneak out the quietest as I could not to wake anyone up, especially Louis who slept outside just outside. XD

Anyway we got up 7 in the morning and the thing is he takes a shower in the morning, and I don't. After I was finished dressed and all that I had to wait for him in the showers to brush my teeth, I couldn't just go down to the kitchen by myself (!),so I had to like pretend to have things to do until he was finished.

Eventually we went downstairs to eat breakfast. His father was up (can you imagen what a great memory I have? We came home from France like 2 weeks ago XD, or maybe I'm just making everything up ;)), anyway we sat down still not talking to each other which made me not wanting to talk either (I was like maybe people don't like to talk in the morning XD).
They took out so much to eat for breakfast, cereals, baguettes,yoghurt and so on. They had bowls, I thought it was for the cereals so I didn't think more about that. Then Louis started to pour orange juice in it and drank from the bowl. I was like: WHAT? But I tried my best to be casual. Then I saw his dad driking coffee from a bowl too and I realized that it was something they did. His father had made tea, which was clearly that he had made it just for me because I told him yesterday I drank tea and none of them drank the tea.
So I have this dilemma. I had gotten a glass which I had drunk from and if I wanted to have tea, where do I pour it into?I was thinking like for an entire minute or so, I just took the tea pot and pourred the tea into my glass. The father immediately reacted and he was like: No, put it in the bowl...if you want. Must have looked ridiculous!

eWe walked to school and I saw this oppurtunity to talk. Finally he talked back. Relieved! XD Coming to the school I immediately felt that I was starred at, was it really that obviuos that I was an outsider? XD I had no idea where to be, they hadn't informed us only that our class was having a intrduction meeting at 9 o'clock, that's still an hour until then! I neither my frenchman knew so we just wondered round in school and I finally saw some from my class. They didn't know either and then some of their frenchmen said that we could attend their class. After running around for another while we walked into their Frenchclass a bit late, making everyone stare at us even more. We sat there, me trying to make out what they were doing and what the teacher was saying. XD
At nine o'clock, coming a bit late for the introduction meeting, I was really happy to see my friends again(friends as in the people I usually hang around with). We had so much to talk about, it was like Gossip Girl-the frennchmen verision. :P After a small "breakfast" treat we were assigned to take part of our frenchmen classes until 2 o'clock. I was thrilled to see that one of my friend had a frenchman going in the same class as mine, which was a great relief from my side. XD We went first to their English class, which I really looked forward to because it was finally a subject I knew I could understand. It turned out that their teacher was a total psycho XD and she sucked at English too. EN-cour-rage, right? XD Then it was history lesson, which was just like detention for us.

Then we had lunch on the school, their food are like restaurant food, it's delicious! (But they also pay 50€ for it, each semester).
After lunch it was chilling at the school yard until 2 o'clock when we were given a guided tour around the city. So we sat there in the school yard and got starred at some more and then we went with the tramway into town.
Strolled down by the river and seeing things like that robot elephant (picture 1) and this castle (picture 3).

Then at 5 we came back and I had no clue where my frenchmen was and freaked out. Didrik know how I was XD. It was a such odd situation I kinda freaked out but luckily he was waiting for me in front of the school (which we went by but didn't see anyone XD).
I calmed down and we went home to his place, he had some home work to do and I read Manga on his bed while waiting. We chatted and I was really glad that we had breaken the ice now.


He suggested that we'd go down to this place to bowl and play pool. I didn't want to be standoffish so I said okej, still I thought it was a bit weird just hanging out the two of us. XD We met some of his friends on the way and that was the first time I had a cheek kiss (I think?), chchch anyway she was nice!
Then we went bowling and after that we played pool. (...........) Whe
n we came home it was time for dinner and I thought that this was a great time to give them the present I have bought for them (which took 1/3 of my whole suitecase).
They seemed to love it, genuinly, his siblings (2 sisters and a brother, they're SO CUTE!!) really liked them. Did I tell you guys what I bought? It was two cups and a light holder. His mum thought the light holder with moose motive was cute, I was so glad! And the present seemed perfect, they had no cups, so here you go! XD Then we all ate together (7 at the table XD), they were all so nice and sweet. This is family is tight, really! The siblings talked about their schoolday and everyone listened to them, it's cool.

What I liked most from the dinner was when, the youngest sister asked me if I had seen High school musical (we somehow came into the subject high school) and I said yes and both fo the sisters became all excited and the brother said (translated): Oh no it's so lame!

For not making this entry too freakin' long (if it's not already) I'm just gonna summerize the evening.
-Lending their (slow) computer
-Shower
-Watching Indiana Jones with Louis and his father

The evening was great.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Gossip Girl-the frennchmen verision. HAHAH xD

vi betalar ju också 500kr per termin förutom att deras mat antagligen är så himla mycket godare xD

Anonymous said...

ja dem är asgoda, men jag visste inte at dem fanns förrän förra veckan haha :P

ja jag går på bernadottegymnasiet och det är typ inriktning uniformsyrken (polis, brandman, militär, kutsbevakning m.m) så vi har "praktik" i lumpen en gång om året, så vi får känna på hur det är att göra lumpen :) det är skitkul :D

Anonymous said...

Var det verkligen €50 per termin? Var det int €5 per dag?

Iaf så verkar du ha haft det så mycket bättre med din familj än vad jag hade -.- Jaja, man kan inte få allt :P bra att du hade det bra iaf

Tiffany said...

re carro: GUUDd, fattar nt att ni måste göra det. XD De har riiiktig god mat :D

re Josse: AAHH juste det gör du ju. Men av trevligt. :D

re ELin: Var det? Hmmm...börjar jag kasnke blanda ihop saker XD
MHAHAHAHHAHHA, ELLIIINN så synd! XD Ja tack så mycket :D Önska jag kudne säga samma te dig...