Friday 14 March 2008

something about a book and trolls

Uuuhh, the weather these last days have been really depressing. It have been raining really hard these days, I want sun!! Especially now when I'm on easter break! Wiiee .
Ho ho, apparently I said I'd write a short blog last time, I lied. XD

Today I went and saw: the Spiderwick cronicles. On the premiere day, yup. In the begining when they annouced that they'll movie adapt it, I was really psyched! I'm (was) a huge fan of the books but that was 3 years ago! Seriously it has taken them record long to film this movie so with that my interesst faded. Then when the trailer came up last year I was like: Oh so they MADE a movie after all! XD I wasn't all that psyched and just now some days before seeing it I almost didn't have any interesst in seeing it, I was certain that it would be a crappy movie. I really don't like Freddie Highmore..
Anyway, the PR for this movie has been MINIMAL! I'm not wrong to say that there almost wasn't any except for the trailer running on the TV this week. There haven't anything in the newspapers, nothing from the cinema nothing. I've been checking up the cinemas website, seeing if I could book tickets, nope nothing.
So yesterday after school I went to the cinema, not really sure if they sold tickets yet but they did. It surprised me that they were showing it in like the smallest lougne (?) in the entire cinema and that all the good seats were already taken. That kinda pissed me off. XD

Tiffany! Get to the movie!! XD Okej, since I got kinda crappy seats, I was really negative towards the movie from the very beginning. I was really doubtful about Freddie playing the both part, Simon and Jared. I was right in feeling that, the first scenes with Jared and Simon was not well done. I also disliked the funny accent Freddie has in this movie, you can really hear that he's from Britain trying to talk american english. Sara Bolger(Mallory) on the other hand gets the accent perfectly. What can I say?
They changed alot, off course, the whole fourth book wasn't in it which is my favourite. The whole new situation with their house was however pretty good, I liked it. And the whole fifth book is all moved from Mulgaraths castle to their house, which I think took alot of excitement away. There were off course a lot more action in it, even with mum! XD I knew soemthing was wrong there, she's not supposed to be there! XD
All in all I think it's ok movie, it's a good movie in itself but not good as a interpretation of the books. I wouldn't recommend it to fantasy movie lovers, only the younger ones then but to those who like Narnia and the Golden compass.

Picture of the day:

The phone book Manga i borrowed from my japanese teacher..chch XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okej. så den var sevärd ändå? klart, freddie är ju med ;) kekeke xD

Tiffany said...

Ja det var den väl, Freddie var dock inte the highlight av filen!