Sunday 29 August 2010

The toys are back in town

I finally got to see Toy Story 3 the other day (in 3D English version). Verdict? Awe.....wait for it...some! (Couldn't help myself)

As I've said I literally grew up with an overplayed Toy Story VHS on Cantonese. (I had a great childhood, you see). And 15 years after I never thought I'd still be quite so excited about a triquel.

One thinks after 2 movies there can't possibly be another sane good story living up the high expectations (unless it's book based movie, but that's another story). The plot is familiar, the toys are afraid of being replaced or abandoned (some cases both). But the screen writers amazes us once again with an wonderfully unpredictable, innovative and funny story.

Appropriately, this movie tells us about the kid, Andy, being grown up and is about to start college. The idea of being thrown in the trash was imminent and the toys decide it was better to be donated to the kindergarden nearby. It's all sugar and rainbows until they realized they had being placed in the small children's department, where toys are being brutally played with.

Gosh, I laughed and I cried, it just kicked some major ass. XD I strongly recommend.

Btw, anyone know why Totoro was there?

Ciao,
Tiffany

2 comments:

Caroline said...

ska se den i helgen :)

Tiffany said...

Riktigt bra aså! :)