Thursday 19 August 2010

My superpower

Rant #1 of 1000s.

So, the other day I was going to drive with my dad (which is going pretty well btw), but before we did, my dad just had to the grocery store nearby. It was a Wednesday afternoon alright, so why were there so many people? I don't even...whatever. (Which movie?!) So you got the situation: only 2 cashiers are open and the lines are too long. You go and queue at the seemingly shortest line (you even did some investigation to see which one is the shortest) and it magically turns into the slowest.

Actually the lines were not that long in this case, I was just really eager on driving. I did a quick check on the both lines, ok we were not going to stand behind that lady with the trolley overloaded with catfood, dirt and god knows what. So it was the other line then. You probably don't know this but I'm the THE master of choosing the wrong queue. It's like my superpower or something.

What was wrong this time? Newbie at the cashier. I'm usually very understanding of new staff (when I'm in a good mood) but this girl was extremely.....................new. I know it's difficult in the beginning (I've been there myself) and everything's new but this girl was something exra alright. She had to ask the other guy like every other second: Oh what does this mean? I did this but it's not right. Oh I pushed the wrong button. The scanner doesn't work. Bladdiblabladdibla!

I started to wonder how on earth they could hire someone so (obviously) unqualified. There must be 1000s of unemployed teenagers in Malmö. I mean I am freaking one of them! It's really hard to get a part-time job here and you basically have to have trillion years of experience in whatever if they are even gonna consider you for the job. I'm not personally attacking this girl, for all I know she might be the best cashier today, but it's intriguing. How does employment processes really work?

Peace out,
Tiffany

2 comments:

Caroline said...

haha! supoerpower... du lär ju antagligen ta körkort före mig verkar det som? ;)

Tiffany said...

Hahhaa, det vet jag inte. Du har kört mycket mer än mig! XD Tänkte iaf. att nästa sommar får jag nog ta det där körkortet. :P