Monday 3 January 2011

Songs of 2010

What are traditions if they are not followed, eh? So below I will list the 10 best songs of my 2010.

10. Make A Wave - Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato One of my most played songs during 2010, according to my last.fm anyway. Probably the song that grew most on me, the music video is beyond the cuteness of the world. Kinda sad for their fight.

9. Stop This Train - John Mayer Mayer was a big part of my "new music scheme" of the summer. He's such a hipster artist but I do love the simple and soft sound together with the great lyrics and guitar.

8. Wouldn't Change A Thing - from Camp Rock 2 Well, I'm a sucker for duets. That's it. XD

7. In For The Kill - La Roux Almost frightening how britishfied my music have been lately and La Roux is no exception. Normally I'm not into the whole electro thing but I her songs are so freakin' catchy.

6. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds Started listening to this after my Breakfast club enlightment. I actually loathe everything 80's especially the music but this song is just too good to neglect.

5. Fire Escape - Diane Birch Think I bought the CD in the beginning of the summer and I totally fell in love with it. This girl's voice is truly amazing. Love the jazzy sound.

4. Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless This was introduced to me by a tumlr followee. Thought I had abandoned the rock punk years ago but apparently not. Which was evident as I stood headbanging and singing my hearts out to it for at least 1 week.

3. The Resistance - Muse Just a brilliant brilliant song. Heard it for the first time while browsing through HMV (a hobby of mine nowadays XD). With Uprising, Undiscoled Desires, Time Is Running Out, I've become a Muse hooked.

2. LA Baby - Jonas Brothers What is a song list without the Jonas Brothers? Completely addicted to it when it first came out. It's different and more upbeat than "Lines, Vines and Trying Times", I really like it though.

1. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables - from Les Misérables Haha, did you really think Les Mis would not make the list? It would be rather absurd and I have actually realized how much I talk/listen/watch Les Mis, it's on the verge of a disease. Alas, let me be happy! XD (Yes I'm reading the book now too) Empty Chairs isn't necessarily the best song on the musical, but definitely the one most close to the heart. ;)

0 comments: