Thursday 27 January 2011

A lesson well learned

The last weekend have really been a complete wreckage but ironically, enlighting at the same time.

I was facebook messaging a classmate on saturday afternoon, asking her about this essay we have for the class. The life defining moment came when she said: Wait I'm confused, didn't you submit it yesterday? I don't think my heart have pounded so fast and hard in my whole life. In cold sweat I rushed into my module webpage to check the deadline for my essay. The deadline was indeed yesterday.

...........................................................

For those few centiseconds the time actually stood still. Completely dazed I tried to understand that it was a fact. That I have not been able to meet a coursework deadline. Nothing int he world could change that fact.

You may ask, what's the big deal? The big deal is, in reality, that how well I may have done on the essay I will only get a D. But that was not the deal for me at that moment, I had screwed up and screwed up big, that was the big deal.

If my parents haven't calmed me down I might have done soemthing drastic or faint. They made me realize that it wasn't the end of the world, because it literally felt like that. Life is long and something like missing a coursework deadline will not define your life. When you make a mistake you'll learn from it and be more careful the next time.

School, education and jobs aren't everything. The truth is that there are infinitely more important things in life. Obvious for you maybe but not everyone feels the same, especially not if you're a psychopath like me. We just have to be reminded every now and then that's all.

Yours truly,
Tiffany

0 comments: