Tuesday 14 September 2010

Dear Sweden,

I'm sitting in my room and literally warming my hands on this blueberry scented candle I bought today. British houses are not to play with. Really looking forward to next month when the landlord's turning on the radiators.

I've been settling in and wandering around the neighbourhood, which is a lot livelier than Holloway. They have a lot of small shops, restaurants, bakeries, cafes, banks and whatnot. It's nice. I'm trying to keep myself busy with news reading, keeing up the NY fashion week and such in order to not feel completely guilty for having this much free time (school starts in 3 weeks).

So I know everyone is talking about the election, which is just 5 days away. Although I've already voted, I've been trying to keep myself updated with the debates and so on. There are still a lot of buzz about the possibilities that small parties, well actually one particular, might get into parliament. I think it's scary that a party like that could even be that big. I would be hugely disappointed if the party gets voted in. Sweden for me has always been a really tolerant country, with open and nonjudgemental people.

I want to still believe that, so people of Sweden please don't forget to vote on Sunday. Thank you.

Lots of love,
Tiffany

2 comments:

Elin said...

The majority of people in that party are middle aged and scared that the Swedish traditions might disappear if we let minorities take control and "invade" our country. Which is completely stupid because we all know that everything we consider Swedish tradition was at some time brought here from some other country :P

It is scary, but I don't think that part will last even if they do get in this time.

Vad som är ännu roligare är att TV4 har censurerat SDs valfilm xD

Tiffany said...

re ELin: Yeah, but it's scary though that actually that many people feel like that.

Why wouldn't they last?