Tuesday 7 September 2010

Attention, moving out!



So I'm back in London and I'm doing my best to move all of my things to the new house as soon as possible (my UNITE contract runs out on Friday).

As I've have whined about on my Twitter (I'm completely against it, I'm like DUDE give the workers more money, you cheap basterds!), there was a tube strike today with minimal trains running (my station, caledonian rd, was even closed) and buses jammed with people. I stayed on the safe side and didn't take any kind of transportation today. Instead I packed all of my things, went ot the bank and etc.

Don't be fooled by my relaxed behaviour though, I was freakishly stressed out two days before coming here , dead afraid I wouldn't make it fromt he airport into the city. And I thank the heavens the strike was today and not yesterday. The tube didn't go to heathrow today, not a single train. I can't even begin to explain what kind of disaster it would have been for me to come back during a tube strike.

Anyway, so I'm going to start moving my things tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty, 2 tube changes, a bus ride and hell a lot of stairs. Though I can't be more excited to move the heck out of here.

Cheers,
Tiffany

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Läste om strejken. Jobbigt! Varade den bara en dag eller?

Kattis. said...

Du har ju mindre saker än Spanjoren i alla fall. Hoppas att flytten går bra!

Tiffany said...

re Carro: Den var i en dag ja, men de har planerat att strejka vid 2 andra tillfällen osso.

re Kattis: JOO, det hade jag verkligen. Som tur hade jag en kompis som kunde hjälpa mig så jag flyttade nästan allt på en dag. Men det gick bra till slut. :)