Wednesday 2 February 2011

Corporate communication and stuffs

I'm back in Sweden for a couple of days to celebrate the Chinese new year with my family. I'll probably be quite busy with all the Chinese hoohah, meeting friends and the Les Mis stuff me and my sis does, so I won't blog much (hem, not that I do otherwise).

Anyway, so yesterday was my first "real" in office internship day. It was interesting. They're a really small company (actually so small we were a total of 5 people in the office) and on the phone slash laptop non stop. Well I guess that's the working world now, isn't it?

So what did the intern do? Well, she got a intimitading first assignment, which was writing up a news story about a company which did theirr first live webchat for their investors (you know great stuffs). It wasn't that bad, you might think. After I was finished with the first draft of the article they told me it would be better if I got real quotes from the CEO person instead of taking quotes from the article (which my article was based on). I was like, so I need to contact him.......in person? (Heart going 1000 beats per second)

Luckily I didn't have to interview him throught he phone however I had to call the switchboard and ask for his email, which was heavy stuff too. But it went well (I think) and my article was published later that day.

Click on the link for my first attempt to corporate communication news (subedited of course): http://www.communicatemagazine.co.uk/news/2286-investor-relations-the-live-show

Toodles,
Tiffany

0 comments: