Saturday 9 July 2011

Twitterature

Nowadays I'm a full-time lazy ass, which is incredibly nice. I've been reading quite a bit. I finished Sherlock Holmes' The Hound of the Baskervilles a few days back and went on to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone, which I've never read in English before (yes, gasp and disgrace). While at the library I stumbled upon this absolutely brilliant book:
Picture: Penguin Books
You may know I've had some serious cases of Twitter addiction and I would like to believe it's better now, however some of it is still there I'm afraid. Twitterature takes 60 classical books and retells them in tweets. Beowulf, Pride and Prejudice, Dorian Gray, the Odyssey, you name it! The brilliance lie in the straight forward and sometimes quite vulgar comments (tweets) which tells the story in its uttermost essential and what you should've picked up from reading between the lines.

Excerpts:

Emma (Jane Austen)
@Darcylover1815
Isn't it funny how I'm always thinking about things I seem to not care about, people I don't love, and marriages I don't want to have?

Hamlet (William Shakespeare)
@OedipusGothplex
WTF IS POLONIUS DOING BEHIND THE CURTAIN?

Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
@heathbar
My dying wish: that my spirit be united with Catherine's, that we roam the heath together forever, and that Kate Bush writes a song about us.

Cheerio,
Tiffany

3 comments:

Elin said...

That twitter book seems hilarious sometimes. Although it seems that sometimes you need to have read the actual books to understand the tweets...

Wish I had time to read that much. As it is now it takes me forever to get through one book... I need more freetime >.<

Tiffany said...

It's true it's more fun to read the ones you've actually read yourself (which weren't many for me). But I kept reading the other ones as well because I wanted to know what they are actually about, but mostly because they're quite hilarious.

Yeah. I didn't have time to read anything (or do anything to be honest) during term time, so I'm catching up now. :P

Elin said...

There's so much I want to do but during term time but don't have time for. Then when I'm trying to catch up there's so much to catch up on that I don't really have time for everything xD