Monday 11 July 2011

Questions people never ask me 4.0

What do you feel about the making of Les Misérables as a musical movie?
Excuse the language but, I'm peeing my pants out of excitement to be honest. Tom Hooper (director of the King's Speech) is going to be the director, can it be any better? Although I can't think of anyone less suitable for Valjean than Hugh Jackman, I'm sure he'll do a decent job.

What I'm least looking forward to however is all the songs cutting (one of my favourite songs in Chicago is Class which they cut) or translating songs into dialogue. I can't bare the thought of cutting out any of these amazing (i'd like to say phenomenal but then you'll just think me weird) songs. But then again they can’t have a 2,5 hr movie with no dialogue so I just have to live with it. Good lord, if they dialogue Red & Black I will strangle someone.

What are your guilty pleasures?
Honestly, I like (perhaps a bit too much) going through things I've blogged/tweet about and photos I've uploaded. From time to time I like scrolling through my tweets/tumblr/blog posts and think hey that's quite funny or wow, I am really sad.

What do you genuinly think about Nick Jonas in Les Misérables?
(Judging from the O2 concert) He's not great because of 3 reasons. 1. He's not a good enough vocalist for musicals 2. He's not a very good actor 3. His performance is overshadowed by all these real show-biz people who are, let's face it, mind-blowingly amazing. Although he's not great I genuinly think he wasn't bad, he just wasn't as good as the others.

Who's this Scott Garnham person you keep talking about?
Why, that's an absolutely splendid question. Thanks for asking (This is Tiffany roleplaying with herself). Scott is a current actor in Les Misérables at West End in London. He currenty plays Feuilly and is understudying Enjolras and Marius. (Very interesting stuff yeah?)

The reason I talk about him, other than that he's plain awesome, is because I'm a really sad person. The most recent time I went and saw Les Mis (27th May to be exact), I for some reason felt compelled to tweet about how awesome Mr Garnham was during 'Drink with Me'. Little did I know that I would wake up to find my tweet retweeted with a comment by Scott himself. There you go! Go ahead and laugh all you want but you're not the one having 3 @mentions from him are ya?!

If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
New York or Hong Kong (or backstage at the Queen's theatre in London would also be nice)

How many times have you seen the musical Les Misérables? (actually people ask me this all the time, but I'd just like to accentuate how awesome it is)
4 times, one of which was the 25th Anniversary concert at O2.


(Wait, there was a theme in there somewhere.....)

Yours sincerely,
Tiffany

0 comments: