Tuesday 14 June 2011

The first rant of the summer

I know I know. I've been back home for 4 days and still haven't found "time" to blog. I'm just that good of a blogger.

Being home is good. Sweden is surprisingly warm which is amazing. I've been eating loads, in this pace I'd gain 20 kg by the end of the summer (so I need to watch it). Met a friend on Saturday talked for 9 hours -not kidding. I've also been driving again. After a whole year away from the wheel it was quite scary going back (forgetting which pedal is which is not really ideal). But after a 2 hour drive with my dad today it all came back and I even drove all the way from Fosie industri område back to our place (which includes 1 trafficlight and 3 roundabouts). It's sad but I'm actually boasting.

But of course everything hasn't been smooth sailing, because that wouldn't be my life. It comes as a no surprise that it's a Uni related. Yesterday evening, I got an email from my Undergraduate office, saying I had to retake an exam since I missed it. Immediate readtion: W H A T  T H E  F * C K! Wasn't it awful enough having forced me to sit through that horrible exam? Now they're saying I didn't take it?!

At this stage, I thought my Uni couldn't surprise me anymore (really they've done practically everything I thought a University shouldn't do), but obviously I was wrong. How could I show them my attendence slip when it's in London? How can I show them anything when I'm in Sweden for that matter? Will I have to take a resit exam? Will I have to fly back to London to sort it out? Imagine those thoughts plus loads of other about the awesome administration at my Uni, running through my brain 1000 miles/sec. I emailed them back, struggling to refrain from writing the f-word and called them in the morning. Apparently, it was an automatic email sent out to some students and I quote "doesn't apply to you". Well then why did you f*cking send it to me in the first place?!

I don't know when my uni will stop giving me unnecessary heartattacks, but I guess I just have to be prepared for whatever whenever.

Sincerely,
Tiffany

3 comments:

Elin said...

I understand your fear of driving. i used a GPS for the first time in my life this summer and was scared to death of getting lost xD

I still get mails every now and then from the Economics program... It's seven months since I quit. Universitiy administration never seems to be good anywhere... But great that you don't have to retake the test! :D

I thought I'd kickstart back the tradition of commenting each other's blogs. You game?

Tiffany said...

Trafficlights are waaay scray. Gosh, I'm not even gonna think about what it's like driving by myself, i.e without my dad telling me EXACTLY where to drive.

Well, I'm pretty sure mine is alot worse than any in Sweden. Really.

Haaa, I'm waaaaay ahead of you. (I commented your post with the photo from our graduation before I read your comment).

Elin said...

I still have that. When I know that I'm supposed to drive alone I'm all "I can't, I can't, I can't" and really freaking out. Then as soon as I get behind the wheel and start the car I'm "I know how to do this".

I don't doubt that. Mine is just a little annoying, while yours seems to be more scary xD