Friday 8 April 2011

My big debut -or not

Hey, she's not dead!

Almost. So I've got no more hand ins or assignments before Easter break now -super big yeay! And again I'm quite bummed out because I'm not going back home, but on the bright side it's always nice being in London when you actually have time to BE in London but what's more my sister and brother is coming over for the break!

So the last 2 weeks have been quite eventful including an extremely awkward encounter with a man on a motorbike, having a heated conversation about Eric Saade at Pizza Express, having a wonderful M&S cheese cake at Regents park and another insanely stressful publication day. But the most remarkable (or I actually don't think it beats the Eric Saade thing but anyway) must have been going to an award show hosted by the magazine I interned at.

I've been preparing for the awards for more than a month - meaning I wrote the winners supplement.Writing about companies rebranding strategies week after week is intense I tell you, very intense. Anywho, of course I had absolutely nothing appropriate to wear. So I had to go and buy a dress literally 2 hours before the award. Just imagine a crazy person storming into H&M and buying the first best black dress she could find without trying it - that was me.

The awards was definitely something of its own. As Tiffany was being Tiffany, I was of course completely utterly out of place. I was surrounded by 300+ (!!) people in fancy suits and dresses. Although most of them were young (probably freshly off uni), I just felt like child at your parents' dinner party, or make that the baby at your parent's diner party. I wouldn't say a word, without thoroughly going through it 100 times in my head before so I wouldn't make a complete fool out of myself. There I let a brilliant networking opportunity pass by right in front of my nose. I'm intelligent am I?

So my internship at Communicate magazine is over. Have to say that I learnt a lot and if I ever crash and burn I could always write about corporate communication. Not to mention I actually have something in PRINT! Incredible.

Bye for now,
Tiffany

4 comments:

Elin said...

And I'm coming for Easter break too ^^ April 19-26 I'll be in London :)

Tiffany said...

NNIIIICCEE! Any specific plans while being here?

Elin said...

Not really. We both want to visit the Towern cause neither of us have been there. Otherwise we just plan to stroll around London for a week :P

Tiffany said...

Cool. I know the best cupcake place in covent garden, give me a ring if you wanna go together. :) (However will probably don't have time until after the 23rd)