Friday 16 July 2010

The brain, the athlete, the basket case, the princess and the criminal

I finally got to see The Breakfast club (borrowed it from a friend), and I blooming love it! I've seen twice in 3 days now.

The biggest mistake to be made is to think this is a typical high school movie, or even a high school movie at all. It's about teenagers, the dynamics between each other and to adults. I've never seen a movie that captures the thoughts and problems of teenagers so well.

The dialogues are fantastic, the things these teenagers blurt out are truly captivating. They're sharp, smart, funny and spot on. The actors are quite amazing except Molly Ringwald (Claire) at some scenes and really, who's hotter than Emilio Estevez at 20? XD. The music is great (gosh, I think I like 80's music XD).

What I really love about this movie though, is that it's so honest, raw and real. That's what makes it different from teenage/high school movies today, they always sugercoat things and makes it silly.

Man, if you haven't seen this movie, you are missing out on something.

Dear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did was wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain and an athlete and a basket case a princess and a criminal. Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

jasåååå, så bra? då borde man se den.

Elin said...

Min syster har den :P Men jag har nog sett den fler gånger än henne xD

Tiffany said...

re Carro: VERKLIGEN!

re Elin: Haha. XD

Chad K. said...

Breakfast Club is an excellent movie. John Hughes really had his finger on the pulse of the angst-ridden teen.

My only question is, is it wrong that I had the hots for Ally Sheedy's character before she was even given the makeover? ;)

Tiffany said...

re Chad: I totally agree.

To be honest I thought Allison looked better before the makeover, well except for the hair. :P